“Very good sushi and other asian dishes”

Haiku Sushi & Seafood Buffet
Ranked #33 of 242 Restaurants in Redmond
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Very good sushi and other asian dishes”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

When I think buffet I don't think good quality (which doesn't go well with sushi), but this is not the case at Haiku.
This is one of my favorite places to go for lunch during work break. Service and decor is nice and classy (for a buffet place at least).
There is very good food variety from sushi to asian warm dishes. The tempuras are really good and the cooked fish and chicken is delicious.
There is also a good assortment of salads and veggies + bite-sized desserts to complement a well rounded meal.
I feel I can have a very diverse, good and healthy lunch for around $12. Hard to beat.
I brought many colleagues here and they all have been very pleased and surprised. The fast service and nice ambience makes it a good choice for an informal lunch meeting.

• Visited April 2012

Phoenix, Arizona
“Fantastic quality and choices”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

This was next door to my hotel during a trip to Redmond for work, so I went here to eat with a friend that was in town. It was so good that I gladly went back the next night with some coworkers that wanted to go.

They have a very large selection of sushi, and every one I tried was great. I didn't notice any browning avocado, so they do keep everything fresh. They also have a large selection of seafoods in buffet style along with some standard Asian foods such as pork buns and other similar items. They even had a few unique items, like steamed chicken feet and fried frog legs. I did note that the selection was slightly different each night on some items, making return visits worthwhile. They have a selection of desserts as well, but I focused on the regular food.

One thing to note is that lunch is almost half the price of dinner, with the prices displayed in the entrance. Take note and visit for lunch if you don't have much to spend.

• Visited January 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Good Buffet”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

There was good collection of buffet. The place looks upscale ,its neat and clean as well. There is a good number of sushi to choose from. The lunch buffet includes sushi, dumplings, tempura chicken, soups, friend chicken, crabs, and even pizza and french fries! There was a good choice for desert from walnut fudge to chocolate chip cookies, fruits, ice creams,

• Visited January 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Just Okay”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Service, for a buffet, was quite good. Our drink glasses were kept filled, plates were promptly changed and wait staff was always cheerful.

As for the food, Crab Legs were wonderfully meaty and sweet and the Chinese Roast Duck was delicious. Everything else was just okay with nothing else exceptional. In fact, we found most hot dishes on the bland side. The sushi, although fresh, was varied but just so-so.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank bikerwoo
Vancouver BC
“Totally unexpected!”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Great food, good price + awesome service! We were just on our way to Portland and stay at Redmond for an overnight stop over. This is a new Japanese restaurant that we saw their ad. on the local newspaper and give it a try. We were already very delighted with the nice decor when we arrived.
Food was abundant and fresh. They do not display a lot of sushi but making fresh one to replenish when supply is low. Unlimited fresh oysters , crab legs and mussels. Also with lots of dim sum and hot dishes. Weekday dinner is only $20.95. So much worth it. For sure I will visit again and recommend to my friends.

• Visited August 2011