“Awsome Indian Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Bengaluru, India
“Awsome Indian Food”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Best Indian food you can get in Seattle. Bit overpriced, for south Indian food. Ambient is good, pretty crowded over the weekend, need to wait for a while. Love their naan...

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank UtkalBarik

Seattle, Washington
“Good Indian food, good value”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I'd heard the lunch buffet was a good experience from a woman here in the area who is a native of India, so I figured that was all I needed to go check it out, so I took myself there yesterday for my birthday. The interior is dark and soothing, with a friendly greeting upon entering. I was quickly seated in the buffet room, which was much brighter with a lot of big windows. There were three large steam tables in the room and the aromas were amazing. I saw mostly Indian folks dining, and as I always say, that's a good sign in an ethnic restaurant to me.

There was a really good assortment of dishes with two kinds of rice, a plain basmati and then another with seasoning and nuts in it. Both were fluffy and delicious. As a vegetarian, I appreciate Indian food for its many options for me, but there were plenty of meat dishes, too, including the always-popular chicken Tikka Masala and Chicken Masala. There was one of my favorites, Saag Paneer, and Channa Masala (chickpeas), too. Plenty of other dishes I don't know the name of but were great, if not a bit spicy. Of course, when you see a large, pointy red pepper or two floating in the dish, that's a clue! :-) The heat level was OK for me, and I'm kind of a wimp, so don't let that stop you. There were salads and bread, and two desserts: mango mousse (but was more like a pudding) and Kheer, the rice pudding I love so much. Plenty of flavors in all the dishes, the temperature was nice and hot (always something to appreciate on a buffet), and they even brought me a birthday present: a basket of hot, fresh and very garlicky garlic naan!

I was stuffed and happy with the flavors and the meal. The staff was attentive, though just a little reserved, but all in all, I had a great Indian food experience at Kinishka, and it was a great value for all that good food at only $10.90!

• Visited October 2012
Tallinn, Estonia
“Overpriced”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went there for a late lunch, had vegetable samosas for starters and a seafood platter for the main course.
Samosas were ok - average, and seafood platter was well-decorated but tasted too rich and bland, so I was really thankful for the lime they've included with the dish, to add some flavor and salt to make the food palatable. Also, I've asked for a "medium hot" dish, and it was all but that.

Overall, the food was "meh", nothing spectacular nor worth going back. Service was ok. Setting was ok. So - everything was just "ok", but the prices are quite high - I've ended up paying 26$ for my lunch (and I only had water for my drink) so I'd say there are a lot better options for the price they charge.

• Visited September 2012
New Delhi, India
“We come here all the time.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Its a great indian restaurant.We come here very often.Not only because it is close to our house but also because the food is really tasty and its indian so it has many veggie options.Decor is also good here.Not very fancy fine dining decor,but still good enough.the lunch buffet is awesome...its priced a little high but the choices are too many.so..its not so bad.The only reason i gave it 4 n not 5 stars is we feel sometimes there is too much oil in the food.rest,we will keep going there.

1 Thank Nikita060
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I went for lunch and the buffet was hot and varied. I had pakora, tikka masala, naan, and mango custard and all of it was tasty. The service was prompt and friendly as well.

Been to Kanishka? Share your experiences!