“Magical moments”

Meritage Meadows Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Redmond B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at the Meritage Meadows Inn in March 2013 for four nights during my niece's Bat-Mitzvah celebration and had a most wonderful time. My father had previously stayed at the Inn and recommended it to us. Bob and Karen were simply amazing-they took care of every need we had-from our special dietary considerations to helping us out with our laundry when our girls ran out of clean clothes...The meals at the Inn were heavenly-both delicious and nutritious, made from fresh ingredients every day and unlike any food I've had at Inns I've stayed at in the past. The grounds were relaxing and rejuvenating and a great place for our family to gather together. I was also very impressed with the attention to details-our room had everything from children's videos to a first aid kit. I'm very thankful to have had the opportunity to meet Bob and Karen and would most heartedly recommend staying at the Meritage Meadows Inn to anyone heading to the Seattle area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
MeritageMeadows, Manager at Meritage Meadows Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

We were so happy to be available to the whole family during this major event. It was a very joyous occasion. We are always happy to be able to help with dietary restrictions and to be able to offer the Walla Walla room for families with young children. It makes family gatherings more fun for everyone - the innkeepers included.

There are newer reviews for Meritage Meadows Inn

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Meritage Meadows Inn is a tranquil bed and breakfast located on several acres in a wooded setting. While it is close in to all activities, it feels like it is miles from the population. The hosts, Bob and Karen, were extremely accommodating. Our room was spacious, and the bathroom was very large, modern, and clean. We enjoyed the jetted tub with separate shower, to say nothing of the heated tile floor and towel rack. Our room looked out to huge cedar trees and an expansive lawn backed by a forest. We almost felt like we were in a lodge. The bed was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was delicious, and Karen even told us where we could order the coffee beans so we could have the same coffee at home, delicious. We only wish we could have been there for the evening wine tasting, but we had other plans. It was a very positive experience. We will return.

Room Tip: Our room was the only room upstairs with jetted tub at the back of the property. We were pleased.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Meritage Meadows Inn is nestled in the hills to the east of downtown Redmond, a short drive from the center of Seattle. The hosts are very warm and welcoming and their inn is a delight, beautifully and comfortably appointed. We can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Puget room which was lovely, but I suspect that all of the rooms are equally spacio...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

First, I was not prepared for the beauty and isolation of the grounds...just minutes from downtown Redmond but an eternity away. The hundred year old trees, beautiful green meadow, birds and wildlife made you feel you were in another world far from the hustle and noise of the nearby city. Then the interior of the Inn made it even more wonderful. The high ceillings, light woodwork,the large windows, minimal furnishings gave a lightness and sense of space that is not usually found in B&Bs. The bed was very confoftable, the bathroom wonderful and coffee right out my door made for a very pleasant stay. However, the icing on the cake were the hosts...so very welcoming...felt like we were visiting friends not renting a room. Also a great breakfast and wine in the evening made for a wonderful visit. We would have loved more time to explore their beautiful grounds and the winery, but will go back and do that another time. My husband and I would recommend this to any couple seeking a peaceful interesting place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
MeritageMeadows, Owner at Meritage Meadows Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a pleasant getaway. We love the opportunity to let our guests step away from the noise and bustle of city life without going a long distance. It is great to have good restaurants, wineries and shopping so close and still feel completely apart from that world. We hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was admittedly, our first vacation - period - but the stay we had might have ruined other places entirely. Bob and Karen have a fantastic B&B and a delicious winery in the making. Overall, there was nothing in our stay that was less than enjoyable.
To start, their Groupon flexibility was very welcome - we were not able to stay in the approved rooms on the deal on the days we had available, but accommodations were made and all went smoothly. Bob was most helpful in selecting a gift wine for my girlfriend's birthday basket. Once there, it was an extremely pleasant welcome and being given the keys to our room equated to being gifted a private oasis. Not in theme, but in how incredibly relaxing the next couple days were. Not an exaggeration in the slightest.
The bed was the most comfortable thing I have slept in since forever, and the bathroom had heated tiling. The towels were not as soft as one would expect, given the rest of the room, but not even a problem while enjoying the Walla Walla room set away from the rest of the building. A private sanctuary, if you will, considering the homemade granola, chocolates, ice cream bars, fruits, and that sweet Sauv Blanc. My girlfriend and I hardly left our room, and while we felt a little bad at not taking advantage of the main house's library and the expansive grounds a bit more, our stay was simply amazing.
A tip: enjoy their breakfast early with fresh apple cider, you really cannot beat that start to the day. Oh wait, their coffee is delectable, too. So maybe you can.
Another tip: If you cannot pick where to explore (or a restaurant to eat at) first, the sublimely helpful innkeepers have laboriously scoped out all the local attractions (with surprises even for Western Washington natives like myself) and dined at all the eateries. Hard work, but they can now recommend from quite an expansive list of things to keep anyone happy.

Room Tip: The Walla Walla room is set away from the main building and other rooms. Has a cozy feel and is good...
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We just had the best night at the Meritage Meadows Inn. Bob and Karen thought of everything and were very welcoming and informative of the many attractions of the area. Our room was the Yakima with an amazing jetted tub, warmed floors and towel rack. As an early riser, I was pleased to use a Keurig single serving coffee maker on the second story floor where most of the rooms were located....or we could walk to the main salon for muffins and coffee before going down to the in-house gym room or breakfast.....Everything seemed healthful and pretty organic. They even serve fresh pressed apple juice!
Bob and Karen also are part owners of the winery, also on the same property, so wine tasting a definite plus, at the winery or in the evening at the house. To help wear off all these goodies, we also liked the proximity to the Samammish River and lake trails. Though we only had time for a short walk, one can walk or bike for miles.
All in all, a wonderful visit. We'll be back.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had my doubts when I found out we had booked a place 2 minutes from my childhood home, a place I had driven by thousands of times during my youth. How would it compare? We could no longer stay with my parents due to a worsening allergic reaction so when we rolled down the long driveway with its solar powered guide lights, I didn't know what to think. It also didn't help that I was 4 hours early and we didn't know if my wife's extremely sensitive allergies would react here too.

Not only did the allergies not react, but the room, as big as many suites, acted as a haven for us to retreat to after spending hours gift shopping or with family. Karen and Bob were some of the kindest souls I've had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with and Bob cooks some of the most amazing breakfasts this side of France (where his passion for cooking was born). I didn't get as much time as I would have liked to chat them up, but what time I had was full of smiles and laughs and the feeling that we now had two homes on union hill.

Would I recommend this place, this haven? Absolutely! My wife could stay with her allergies, my 2 year old daughter explored their expansive common area and kitchen when she got restless, and I felt like I gained two friends and a new home so close to my old one. They're building/restoring the manor's old trail system so when there's a little less water on the ground and in the air, I look forward to wandering those too

Thanks guys!! Happy New Years!
Evan and Erica +1

PS i don't know about the wine, but if its anywhere near as good as the breakfasts or inn, then wine lovers better book this place quick.

PPS seriously, the breakfasts were so freaking good, and this is coming from a guy who spent 3 years touring Boston area breakfast joints every Saturday. If for no other reason, stay for the breakfasts!

• Stayed: December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
Redmond Inn
#1 of 2 in Snoqualmie
Silver Cloud Inn Redmond
Seattle Marriott Redmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Redmond

Been to Meritage Meadows Inn? Share your experiences!