“So close to a 4....”

Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Redmond
“So close to a 4....”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Pros
- location
- pretty darn good breakfast and super friendly breakfast room staff!
- clean
- shampoo and shower gel that actually smells good and lathers

Cons
- I'm no mom of honey boo boo but I sank on my king sized bed!!!
- wifi can be spotty

If not for the cons i would give it 4 stars

Stayed March 2014
HhRedmondGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Mobius1965,

I am so glad that you found the Hyatt House Redmond on your recent visit to the area. We are very appreciative of your feedback you have shared regarding the breakfast, staff, cleanliness, bath amenities, and location. We also thank you for your feedback on the bed and internet which we will ensure is in working order with our Maintenance Team.

Hyatt House General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed as an extended stay and was very pleased. As someone that travels extensively there are many things that I look for in a place to stay and the staff at Hyatt House surpassed my expectations by miles. From the courtesy of the front desk to Mark at the pub everyone was professional. The room was well-appointed and comfortable (though you guys should rethink the cabinet hinges, they're too easy to come off) and the bed was divine.

Overall, if you're in Redmond or Bellevue for business or transitioning for a move? This is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't worry about the wrap around balcony rooms unless it is summer.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear HauborRob,

We are grateful for you choosing to stay with us during your extended stay visit to the Redmond area. We are also very thankful for sharing your experience and feedback with your fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I am very proud of not only the hotel's amenities we provide, but most importantly the service the team provides as you mentioned.

Thank you also for the feedback on the cabinets which I will review with our Maintenance Team. We hope that you will be returning to the area again.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here the second weekend in March 2014. It was a great stay. The check in was quick and easy, and staff were very pleasant. Rooms were nice and clean, beds were comfy enough. The pool facilities were fair, the pool was a bit too cold, and the hot tub was more like sitting in a warm tub, but otherwise clean. The lobby was very well kept and you always saw cleaning staff making sure everything was kept in order and dust and germ free. The morning breakfast was good. We didn't find it too busy, the only thing that may have taken a while is the omelette bar, but they were as efficient as could be. Restocking items that may have ran out wasn't as efficient, as when they ran out of main food items like hash browns, the wait time was a bit longer than we had hoped. They had a selection of cereals, breads, juices, yogurts, coffees and teas, main items were bacon/sausage, processed hash browns, scrambled eggs, and either french toast/pancakes, so the variety was enough to meet everyones breakfast desires. Parking was underground which was really nice bonus.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HhRedmondGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Shaz,

We are delighted to hear that you have chosen the Hyatt House while visiting the Redmond area. We thank you very much for the favorable comments on the team, cleanliness, parking garage, beds and breakfast. Thank you also for your feedback on the pool temperature and breakfast efficiency. I will share your feedback with the Maintenance and Food and Beverage team in order to improve in these areas.

We look forward to accommodating you on a future visit to the Seattle area.

Richmond, B.C.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Just returned from 3 nights at the Hyatt House Redmond. Most of our activities were in Seattle and Bellevue but we had to stay here for value. This hotel offers free parking, swimming pool (indoor), kitchen (stove, fridge, freezer, dishwasher), and a full hot meal breakfast (eggs with made to order omelette, bacon, sausages, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, pancakes and even muffins). The served Starbucks coffee and had it there ALL day - along with hot water for tea (Tazo).

The hotel was clean and walking distance to Redmond Town Center (Claim Jumper, Eddie Bauer, REI, and even Macys)

We'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HhRedmondGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Captcrash2much,

We are so glad that we were able to accommodate you while visiting the Seattle area recently. We are very thankful of our Trip Advisor feedback that guests such as yourself have taken the time to complete upon your departure.

As you mentioned, we are centrally located in downtown Redmond near the Redmond Town Center and a short drive to Bellevue and Seattle. It is very nice to also hear that you were able to take advantage of some of the amenities such as the pool, complimentary parking, and complimentary breakfast buffet.

The Hyatt House Redmond looks forward to your next trip to Seattle!

San Jose, California
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Maybe I just travel too much and have experienced much better at other Hyatt properties. Aside from the modern appearance and furnishing, my experience is one no business traveler should endure.

I called the hotel ahead of time to inquire about the free shuttle. I wanted to make a reservation for the shuttle but was told the shuttle was not frequently used, and I would just have to make the request when I check in. Because of this comment, I opted not to get a separate rental car, from my coworkers that were staying at other hotels. Guess what?! I was then told the shuttle was full for all the morning slots when I checked in, which forced me to scramble to make alternative transportation arrangement to my meeting location 2 miles away.

When I checked out the next morning, I was given 2 impossible choices for the receipt because their computer went down for routine maintenance the night before (some non-sense):
1) a receipt showing the room billed as "no-show" line item for the correct night, Wednesday; or
2) a receipt was normal line item for the room but billed for the wrong night, Thursday, as if I checked in on Thursday and checked out on Friday, instead of checked in on Wednesday and checked out on Thursday.

I don't know how the staff think either choice is acceptable for a hotel that is frequented by mostly business travelers. Option 1 would surely sent up red flags when submitting expense because most companies expect employee to cancel instead of paying for no-show. Option 2 is even worse that the wrong date would appear as a duplicate when submitted with receipt from another hotel for the actual Thursday night stay... I raised the issue but the staff gave me a lot of excuses but not able to fix the problem. To top it off, the staff BLAMED me from arriving at the hotel after midnight!!! So what, there are plenty of flights arriving around midnight. How does that excuse them from producing a normal receipt?!

Also, the central AC/heater in the room was soooo loud, I don't know how they expect someone to sleep with it turned on. It's 2-3 times louder than those Windows mounted units. I end up slept without heat.

I must say this had been one of THE worst experience of all recent Hyatt stays. For paying over $200 a night (before tax) for an extended-stay level hotel, which I spent about 7 hours in, including trying to fix the receipt issue with them, I surely expected more than what I got. Shame on this property!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank knowmyhotels
Dear Knowmyhotels,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to the Redmond area. We are very proud of the exceptional guest service that we provide, and it is very disappointing to hear of guest experiencing anything less.

I do apologize for the untimely outage of our computer. Although it was only down a couple of hours, it did require a little extra work on our end to correct the dates so that our guest’s receipts would show the proper days. I’m glad we were able to get you a corrected copy of your receipt.

I am very glad I had an opportunity to speak with you about the issues you noted and sincerely apologize for your experience. We hope that you will consider us for future accommodations if you should visit the Redmond area again.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My family and I checked out this morning. My husband travels to Seattle a few times a year for business, but it was my first time. I usually book the hotels for our travel; and we usually stay between Embassy Suites or Residence Inn.
However, I decided on the Hyatt House after reading the great reviews posted by recent travelers.
The breakfast was great! The staff ensured the area was always clean and wiped down. The room was very nice and felt like an apartment. I am not one for modern decor, but the color scheme of the hotel made it warm and cozy.
After staying at the HYATT House Seattle/Redmond it is my new fave and we will be coming back and looking for them in our other travel locations.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HhRedmondGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Olivia,

We are honored by your incredible review from your recent stay at the Hyatt House Redmond. It is a pleasure to know that you had chosen to stay with us based on you following us on Trip Advisor. We are very grateful for the continued support we have received from you and others regarding the excellent housekeeping and breakfast service levels.

We are excited that you have discovered the Hyatt House and have chosen to seek them out in your future travels.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Location - Very close to downtown Redmond with restaurants, bars and shopping. If you are a fitness buff, Sammamish River trail is right outside with some gorgeous running/riding trails.

Room - Super clean (kudos to housekeeping). Air conditioning is precise and efficient. Refrigerator/microwave are very convenient, esp for long stay guests. Ask for room facing Bear Creek Parkway or Redmond Way - I had a room facing the office/apartment block at the back, and its a pain to keep opening / closing the curtains for privacy (though road facing rooms could be noisier)

Amenities - Free WiFi (.. what!! free hotel WiFi in the States? really??) and free breakfast. I didn't use the gym or heated pool, but they looked great. the bar had a nice sit-out area and was open late; the bartenders were very friendly.

A tiny niggle - refrigerator makes an awful noise when the compressor kicks in - sounds like its dying - its is very audible in the lounge / TV area though not in the bedroom.

Overall, if you need to stay in Redmond, this is the hotel I would strongly recommend.

Room Tip: For privacy, ask for rooms facing Bear Creek Parkway or Redmond Way.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Shiv_Nayar,

We feel very fortunate to have received all of the detailed feedback that you have taken the time to provide us during your extended stay. The Hyatt House was designed with the long term traveler in mind including fully equipped kitchens and guest laundry in addition to all of the amenities you will find in any other hotel.

We thank you for your positive comments on our Housekeeping and Food and Beverage Team as well as your feedback on the refrigerator noise which our Maintenance Team has addressed.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Hyatt House General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
Redmond Inn
Redmond Inn
#5 of 8 in Redmond
Silver Cloud Inn Redmond
Seattle Marriott Redmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Redmond
Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa

Been to Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond? Share your experiences!