“Good for long term stay”

Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Redmond
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Hyatt House is one of the few hotels available in Redmond and it is has the beat value to price. The rooms are spacious and comes with a small refrigerator and microwave. They have range top in the larger rooms which is convenient if you like to prepare your own meals. You may need to once you run out of restaurant options. They have a decent breakfast buffet including fresh made to order omelet.

• Stayed: February 2014
HhRedmondGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Mel Lee,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with the Hyatt House Redmond recently. We are grateful that you shared your feedback and pictures including details on breakfast our fully equipped kitchens in most of our Suites.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to your next visit to the Redmond area.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

PROS:

- Modern decor

CONS (Room 213 - Ask to switch rooms if you get this one!!!!)

- The woman that checked me in was a bit terse, not that welcoming or friendly.

- Bed was way too soft. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like my back was falling into a sinkhole

- I was woken at about 4 am due to the noise from the AC/Heat unit. The sound was like I'd stuck my head in a jet engine. Not only was I woken up, I was woken up with a throbbing headache and it was VERY difficult to get back to sleep or get a good night's rest.

- I phone ordered my dinner to the restaurant. 15 minutes later, I received a call saying my entree was unavailable. No problem, switched my order up. 30 minutes later, still no phone call from the restaurant. I had to proactively call only to find out my order had been ready to pick up. Pretty annoying - what would have happened had I not called? When I got down to the restaurant (beware: no room service, but I didn't mind heading down there but it was vexing that I was starving by then), there were 2 customers at the bar -- what caused the delay then? Bear in mind I called during normal dinner hours around 7 pm.

- When I reached into the Kleenex box in the bathroom, there were only 2 tissues left. The tissues look like they had been pulled out and stuffed back into the box.

- The towels had a funny smell. They need to do something about their laundry detergent or clean their dryer vents.

- No shampoo and conditioner, only shampoo+conditioner combo. Disappointing.

I normally love staying at the Hyatt, but I will never stay at this Hyatt House ever again. For a $220+/nt room, my expectations were higher.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 213 like the plague
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
HhRedmondGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear ddgoose,

I want to first thank you very much for selecting the Hyatt House Redmond as your hotel of choice for your recent visit to the area. I sincerely apologize and am very disappointed in hearing your feedback on Housekeeping, Front Desk, and Food & Beverage.

I have shared and addressed each of the complications you encountered with the appropriate department head individually, as this is stay does not represent the customer service standards that we uphold.

I truly apologize for your less than perfect experience with us and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Hyatt House for 3 nights- Jan31-Feb2. I stayed in a 1 bedroom (suite?) through an upgrade offer I got in an email a couple of days before arriving. The room was just OK, not as nice looking as the pictures. There were dirty dishes (glasses and a few other things) in the dishwasher despite a sticker on the dishwasher saying they were clean-- so that was pretty annoying. I don't understand why they would leave dishes in the washer anyway. Clean them and put them away! The balcony was a joke and there wasn't anything to look at except the building across the street. The only other negative issue was with the elevators in the morning- on the slow side. I heard through the grapevine that the hotel was full so that probably had something to do with it.
On the upside, there is indoor parking, a great breakfast with variety in the restaurant, the bed was comfortable, and a bathroom with a walk-in shower (warning- no tub if that's important to you). The hotel is conveniently located, well maintained and has an upscale look and feel.
To wrap-up- I will stay here again but I will pass on the room upgrade.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris H
HhRedmondGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Chris,

We are very glad you chose to stay with us on your recent visit to the Redmond area. We also thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback on the hotel. We utilize all of the feedback we receive in order to ensure we attain the highest level of customer service. I sincerely apologize for your experience with the dirty dishes upon check in and slow elevator.

We appreciate your positives on the hotel parking, breakfast, restaurant, beds, shower, convenient location and upscale look. We look forward to your next visit to the Redmond Hyatt House.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I've stayed at the Hyatt house Bellevue many times but wanted to stay closer to friends on this trip. The parking is located across the way from the hotel along with the parking for the apartments located there. The rooms are very nice and the pool area was quiet and nice as well. The hotel had a not so pleasant smell in the lobby, couldn't quite figure out what it was. There was a maintenance guy in the room we were assigned to when we checked in. He was fixing a room darkening shade, which broke right after he left. I stayed for 2 nights, but my room keys were deactivated at 11am on the first morning there. Unfortunately I was just not as pleased with this stay as I had been with the Bellevue location.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
HhRedmondGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear GabePharm,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us after your positive stay with our Hyatt House in Bellevue. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed the pool and hotel in general. We sincerely apologize for your experience with the lobby odor, guest room shade, and room key. We will share your feedback with our housekeeping, maintenance and front desk departments.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and providing us with your experience in order to utilize with the team to ensure we are exceeding our guests expectations.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Small hotel near offices, malls, all within walking distance. Very good breakfast, clean and comfortable rooms, little shop for essentials at ridiculously cheap prices. Warm, cosy atmosphere and helpful, polite staff at reception. Shuttle. Heated pool, jaccuzi and gym

Room Tip: Heated pool, jaccuzi and gym
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hadleyr2014,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay. We are very proud of our guest service we provide throughout the hotel including in breakfast. We are also very glad you found the hotel to be in a convenient location to the Redmond Town Center as well as your office.

We look forward to your next visit to the Redmond area!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I love coming to Redmond just because of this place ! The staff is friendly, makes you feel at home. The rooms and bathroom are clean, the beds comfortable.
If you want, the hotel even has an indoor swimming pool and you can always go in the adjacent park to run.
An ideal location if you are not city fans.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HhRedmondGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Hello "Great Place to Stay"! We sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us while you are visiting the Redmond area. Luke McRedmond Park and the Sammamish River Trail as you mentioned are just outside our front doors and is an excellent trail for walking/biking/running. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

5 stars for decor, cleanliness, and atmosphere. 10 stars for granting us a late check out after I was initially told not possible. It saved my son from having to remain in sweaty sports gear for 8 hours! Thank you!
The breakfast included was perfect and saved us finding a make do meal before an early start for his games!

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Susie T
HhRedmondGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you very much for the kudos on the hotel and staff!!