“2 night stay”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Redmond
Vancouver, Canada
“2 night stay”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My granddaughter and I spent the long weekend here. I asked for a quiet room on the top floor and that is what I got for the most part. The only noise came from the neighbour having a shower which was surprisingly loud. I appreciated the weekend price. When I tried to come down a day earlier, the price would have jumped by $60 because, I was told, the computer was not set up for the weekend price even though it was a Rememberance or Veteren's Day the next day. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I liked the location as it had lots of services nearby and the 520 freeway, yet it was set back from the hustle and bustle.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on the top floor away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stayed 2 nights here with my mom and brother over the weekend. It was pretty decent, I don't have too many complaints. The location was good. It's only a couple minutes drive to Bellevue Square, and there are quite a number of food/grocery options nearby. It's also worth noting the fact that this hotel isn't located immediately next to the highway, so highway noise is something you won't experience here. The first thing we noticed inside the hotel was that the rooms were spotless. It was quite evident that the property is well taken care of. The beds were nice and comfortable, and had lots of pillows which I like. There was a nice big LCD TV in our room, which was a nice touch and it did an excellent job keeping us entertained on a lazy night. I also loved the fact there was a double sink so it really sped things up in the morning, this is a feat that very few hotels have. Breakfast buffet is served here. There was a good selection: scrambled eggs, sausages, waffle-machines, toast, danish sweets, cereal etc.. Quality of the hot food wasn't the best, but hey when it's free I can't really complain. =] Complementary wireless internet was also really nice to have. (You would be surprised how many hotels don't seem to get it right because they are cheap and don't set up enough wireless repeaters across the building to make sure all rooms get a good signal. But this hotel is definitely not one of those as far as I could tell.) We didn't get a chance to sample the pool and jacuzzi so no comment.

It wasn't all perfect, as there were a few tiny things that bugged me. The first one that I noticed immediately pulling up to the hotel was the size of the parking spaces in the lot! Almost all of them looked like they were meant for compact cars. In fact, I drive a VW Golf and thought they were a bit tight, I'd imagine trying to park one of those bigger SUVs here would not be a simple task. The second thing that kind of bugged me was the shower head. Even though we had water gushing out really fast out of the faucet, the shower head in my room felt extremely slow.. it looked like it was adjustable but spinning the tab on the shower head didn't seem to have any effect, so it took a little longer to shower. Thirdly, I found the toilet in my room seemed very small as well. It might have been just some rooms because my friend stayed on a different floor and said his was fine.

But other than these minor complaints, I think the quality of Silver Cloud Inn Redmond is quite good overall. Price was also one of the reasons I chose to stay here. I wouldn't mind staying here again the next time I visit Seattle.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Took a quick trip to Seattle but didn't want to pay downtown Seattle prices, so based ourselves in Redmond. The Silver Cloud Inn was ideal for our purposes, with easy access to Seattle and surrounds.

The room was comfortable, with opening windows and central air system as well. Good, comfortable bed. Room and bathroom very clean, great Aveda toiletries in the bathroom. The bathroom arrangement comprised a small room with toilet and bath/shower, with basin outside in room. Plenty of free parking, free wifi too which worked fine. We didn't have the breakfast. Plenty of dining options nearby.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Harrogate, England
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I arrived for a 2 night stay and on the first night they offered complimentary snacks and drinks which was really cool. The food and beer were very welcome after a 12 hour trip! The room was quiet and comfortable. They also did a complimentary breakfast which was also very good.
Across the street are some other restaurants and a big Safeway, so easy to stock up on things.
This is very conveniently located for visiting Microsoft and about a $35 taxi ride from downtown Seattle. They also had a pool and jacuzzi and when I used it at 9am I was the only one there. Very nice to have to unwind and relax.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank scottmordue
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Stayed in the Redmond Silver Cloud Inn last week. Was absolutely ok and is practical if you are looking to be at Microsoft a lot as so close - still: there is not really anything in the area...so if you want to have dinner after work you'd always have to have a car.

Thus: look at the Silver Cloud in Bellevue :) - it has same amenities but in a much more central location and with a shuttle service that will take you to the Redmond area for free if needed.

From amenities: rooms are clean, with kitchenette corner. Fitness room is basic, pool water had a weird color so did not try although I would have liked to; for a business hotel I was missing safety boxes in the room to lock my PC + valuables while out.

But generally ok, would go again (but maybe to that in Bellevue).

Room Tip: try to get a room far from the vending/ice machines as they make a lot of noise and your room feel a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Sandy, OR - USA
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Convenient off the freeway - various restaurants available close by. Good bed - nice room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fremont, California
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This place is everything you ever want in a hotel room.Good location.10 minutes drive to Bellevue downtown. easy access to Redmond town center for shopping. 45 minute cab ride to the airport. Great breakfast spread. Pretty strong free wifi.perfect for the business traveler like me or vacationing families. There are quite a few food options within walkable distance for dinner after a long day.The bed was awesome and plush. The staff courteous. Overall great experience!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
Redmond Inn
Seattle Marriott Redmond
Silver Cloud Inn Bellevue
Silver Cloud Inn Bellevue
#3 of 29 in Bellevue

Been to Silver Cloud Inn Redmond? Share your experiences!