“Excellent weekend stay”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Redmond
Omak, Washington
“Excellent weekend stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very friendly staff. Room was everything you would expect from a Marriott property. We had a upstairs unit which we requested but if stairs are a problem you may want the lower level. Good breakfast. Comfortable bed and pillows. Very quiet location away from city noises.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JERRYG448

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel really does offer most of the comforts of home. As I am sitting in a hotel in Vancouver BC right now, we are wishing it was as well-equipped as this Residence Inn was! It is more like a home than a hotel and that makes travel so much easier. I wil seek out these places future trips.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bamboo22_10
Nancy T, Manager at Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your feedback! See you next time!
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Due to severe water damage in my home, my family stayed in this hotel location for almost a year between September 2010 to September 2011. Even though we have moved back to our restored home location, I cannot help but wondering what is going on or changes/happenings to this hotel each time I drive by.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite on the fourth floor. It is a cornered suite, is spacious and lavish in my first impression. The suite has a bathroom attached to each of the 2 bedrooms. The living room in the center has a nook and a kitchen which enable us to do some simple cooking if we wish. A dishwashing machine is also available but a bit noisy.

The room services are great. They have crews to make up your beds and vacuuming & cleaning the bathrooms every day. Bed sheets are changed once every 3-4 days, I believe this is reasonable for long term staying guests. Some of the cleaning crew members are very creative in making the towels like little animals for my kids, they all enjoy it during our stay.

The bathrooms are small but functional. Hotel bathroom amenity is standard but strangely to say, hand lotion is not included, one has to ask before they bring it up.

The swimming pool is an outdoor one, that is, only available during late spring to early fall.
The location of the hotel is within walking distance to 2 of the Microsoft buildings and A T & T, do not be too surprise to see many of their employees or contractors there during breakfast and social occasions.

The breakfast in this location is superb, one of the best among the Marriott franchises. Their breakfast menu is slightly different every day. Being sensitive to many of the Asian customers, the person in charge of the kitchen is from Lao, they offer part of the breakfast with Asian touches. Rice, miso soup and seaweeds are also available daily.

Since we have been staying there for a year, we come to know their staff pretty well. Most of them are very friendly except 1 or 2 are more rigid. We had seen some changes they brought in, say, upgrading the TV to flat panel ones and attempts to change the bathroom amenities etc.
The engineering/maintenance crew is great and efficient. Every time I have trouble with the TV remote control or light bulb changes, they always come in within 15min to half an hour and fix up the problems for the customers.

There are 2 anecdotes I want to mention. Once I felt hungry after midnight but everybody was in bed the sofa bed in the living room was also occupied by my son, I could not use the kitchen without making noises. The hotel staff let me use their staff office and kitchen area for a cure to my stomach. I am thankful to their arrangement.

Another occasion was due to a new hand among the cleaning crew, they removed my younger son’s security blanket and his bunny when she was changing the bed sheets. My younger son alarmed me about the missing items, they had the whole team to look for the blanket and the bunny and called our suite 3 times during the 30 minutes operation Salvage the Bunny. They finally found it in the garbage can, they washed it and returned it before midnight with an apology.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniel L
Thank you for the excellent feedback. I am pleased you had a successful long-term stay. We just completed renovation and welcome you and your family to come see the changes! Any time! Thank you again.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

The title tells the biggest weakness of this property. Rooms are very nice. We had a full kitchen room. Pricey but worth it. That depends on what YOU want. Beds great (all queen size). Our room had full size fridge, Microwave, dishwasher, and a cook top. Dishes, pans, utensils included. Pool and spa are outdoors. exercise room with several treadmills, etc. indoors. Breakfast is typical for 'hot' breakfast. sausage, eggs, etc. Location is great for "walk-to" shopping and a very pricey movie theater ($15/seat min) Yikes. Some great restaurants all walking distance. If they would just get descent Internet I would rate this 5 stars. Yes it conected but droped out every 10 min losing all I had typed. You know how that feels. Come on guys, this is an internet connected age. You CAN fix this.

Room Tip: Lots of construction nearby. There are really no "view" options so just ask for a quite ro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hal R
Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Pros: clean room and very helpful cheerful staff at check-in. Fabulous location - you can walk to shops and a long hiking/biking trail nearby.
Cons: small room (tiny bathroom), pullout bed not made up, too few towels, and dirty dishes put away in the drawers and cupboards (yuck) when we arrived. Also, tepid hot tub. Apparently everyone complains about the temperature of the hot tub, but the daytime front desk person said it was 100 degrees and that is industry standard. That same person really tainted our stay with her rudeness. She declined a request for our entire family to have late check out, and split the family (we had 3 rooms) so that one group was permitted and the rest of us had to leave. Fair enough, I suppose, if that was required because of bookings (even though we are silver elite members), but she was so RUDE about it. Her attitude was really unnecessary. Don't go here if you might need any extras, or at least be careful which staff member you ask. The others were singularly wonderful, but this one was pretty nasty.

Room Tip: Rooms are all recently renovated. We were told are all the same size now.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel has a lot going for it:a professional and friendly staff; pleasant and just refurbished rooms( those with sensitive noses may notice a chemical and paint odor as we did in our room); a tasty and varied breakfast and evening social two nights per week(hamburgers, hot dogs and salads when we were there.). We enjoyed the location within strolling distance of the Redmond Town Center with its various shops and restaurants.
The one quibble we had was the renovation and construction work going on throughout the hotel during our stay. Had we been there on business and away all day it may not have bothered us(though we met an unhappy businesswoman in the elevator who had been awakened at 6 am by workmen near her room in another wing of the building) For us, this was a pleasure/ relaxation stay and it seemed everywhere we went around the hotel to do so there were workmen and noise, be it the lobby, patio area nearby or pool area. We found parking tight, and got the last spot on a couple occasions, due to construction debris and equipment taking up many parking spots on the lot.
While this situation hampered our enjoyment, it is temporary and we would consider this hotel again when in the area.

Room Tip: One side of hotel is on a road so a room away from that is quieter - and away from wherever construc...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I am writing this after my third stay at the Residence Inn, and this is my first review ever. I found this hotel to be the best for a business traveller like me.

The rooms are large and comfortable, the location just perfect, the staff extremely gracious and ( what clinches the deal for me) the kitchen which is more than well equipped to cook up a decent meal. I found the wifi service ( free) more than adequate to take a meeting from my room. They also have the facility to take some printouts if required.

The breakfast and evening socials ( there were two in the week I visited) were a delight, though I do wish they rotated the breakfast menu a bit.

My last visit was during the renovations that were going on at the place.Despite that, I didn't find any drop in the quality of service. This does say a lot about the efficiency of their management and the dedication to the comfort of their guests.

Overall, I heartily recommend this place for the business traveller, especially if staying for more than a week. Looking forward to visiting again, soon.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are larger and would be better if travelling with family.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
Seattle Marriott Redmond
Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond
Redmond Inn
Redmond Inn
#5 of 7 in Redmond
Silver Cloud Inn Redmond
Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue/Redmond

Been to Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond? Share your experiences!