“Great hotel experience”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Redmond
Tacoma, WA
“Great hotel experience”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights while he visited for a job interview. We both thought the location was wonderful: right near a great shopping center and close to most of the tech businesses in the area. Our room was a full-size bed, with a full kitchenette and a sizable bathroom. Everything was super clean and really comfortable. I wish we could have stayed for longer, it was such a nice room. Also, the hotel staff was super friendly and learned our names right away. The continental breakfast was excellent, and I loved the fact there was a sort of mini-mart in the lobby for late nights and travel essentials. I would love to stay again here someday!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gretchen P
Nancy T, Manager at Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We're glad you both enjoyed your time with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
Cle Elum, Washington
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Great place to stay either for Business or Pleaseure, particulalry if you need to find a quality Inn for both you/family and your Pet. i am always pleased with my Stays here on Business and now beginning to enjoy the Family stays as well. The Staff is absolutley the most professional and friendly (doesn't matter what shift) in the Redmond Area. When I travel to Redmond I rarely stay anywhere else. And this is becuse more often than not the Residence Inn is Full. So be sure to book well in advance or you will get shut out, particulalry if you are looking for the one room suites and / or the AT&T special rate. Typically, there are higher end rooms available if one has the funding and desire to say comfortable in an environment way morte than one needs.

Room Tip: There are no connecting rooms at this Hotel but the Staff will get you close and on the same floor a...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I was here for 5 nights the end of Jan 2012 to beginning of Feb 2012. Everything was very good. Free breakfast with a lot of seating. Location is adjacent to Redmond Town Center, allowing for walking access to shops and dining. Their store (Market) had a larger selection than I'm used to. The studio suites are a good size with a fold out couch, desk, regular size fridge, convection microwave, two electric burner stovetop, dishwasher, and plenty of dishes/pans/utensils. This is designed well for extended stays, but still great for short stays.

A couple bonuses I'd like to note:
-The cleaning staff sometimes does a little extra. One day I cam back and my bathroom items (shaver, toothbrush, etc.) were nicely laid out on a towel for me rather than the mess I left them in.
-They will put any used dishes they notice in the dishwasher and run it for you so you will probably have a full stock of clean dishes each evening.
-I had a small stuffed animal with me from my wife that they nicely placed on the bed after making the bed.

And a couple minor things to keep in mind:
-They did mention (and I confirmed) that the main elevator closest to the main entrance is rather slow. I like high floors, so sometimes it took a while to come back down. It might be better to use the second elevator further away if you have a high floor.
-The parking is restricted to guests, so keep you key card handy if you have a car so you can get into the parking area.

Overall, it was great. Nothing major came up, so my only required interaction with the front desk was checking in. I did notice that they plan to redo the lobby (even though I don't think it's needed) so maybe that will be done the next time I have to head to Redmond.

Room Tip: Main elevator is slow, so get a room near the second elevator if you want a higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Wellesley, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We had a two bedroom/two bath apartment with living room and kitchen. Flat screen tv's in each room. Full kitchen. Clean, comfortable, quiet. The staff was very accomodating. A nice variety of foods for breakfast made it unnecessary to buy anything for the kitchen for morning meals. Hot tea/coffee/cocoa available in the lobby all hours. I highly recommend it. Especially if you want to get out and walk to the excellent outdoor mall next door, or for an easy hop onto the freeways. Great jogging/bike trail nearby.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KarenHtraveler
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stayed in a studio apartment for a month with my husband. He has stayed there many times before and was very impressed by the service, rooms and location. I was equally impressed.

As with all Residence Inns buffet breakfast is included. There is a coffee machine in the lobby area (and in the apartments) which is always available to use. There are also free cookies during the day which are delicious.

During the week they have various free dinners like "BBQ night" and "Taco night". The spread is plentiful and includes dessert and drinks.

The apartments are serviced everyday like a normal hotel. There is a gym, washing room and a business centre.

The hotel is located in Redmond town centre so all the shops including Macy's are just around the corner.

I loved everything about this hotel including the friendly staff.

I completely recommend it for anyone traveling to redmond.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Clean, quite, free breakfast, and free dinner twice a week. Staffs are friendly and even send you a card before you check out, it's so sweet! Should be my next choice too.

Bad thing: fridge is noisy!

Room Tip: Nearby there are plenty of restaurants.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Well connected, this was my 2nd stay and I liked to come back to the same place. Although in my 2nd visit I had a problem checking in and I think its just the some people make things easy and some like complicating things. If you meet Sherry on the reception desk then for sure you wont have any problems, cant commit for others.The rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond
Seattle Marriott Redmond
Redmond Inn
Redmond Inn
#4 of 8 in Redmond
Silver Cloud Inn Redmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Redmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue/Redmond

Been to Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond? Share your experiences!