“Great Extended Stay”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Redmond
salem, oregon
“Great Extended Stay”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had to stay an extra day unexpectedly and I was so thankful the front desk staff easily accommodated me! The restaurant next door served a yummy BLT, the lil workout room was fine for a quick treadmill jog and i liked the coffee machine and cookies in the hotel lobby. Breakfast was a lil more than a typical continental so that was nice, too. Yep, thin walls like others have mentioned and i wish the bathroom had a fan for some white noise to hide the slamming door and hallway noise but not too bad. Whole Foods is practically next door. I also found some nice shopping and lunch just a mile or so away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Whidbey Island
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The only bad experience that we had was the front desk. As we were checking in there were lots of carts that usually contain dirty linen coming in the front door (5pm) making such noise on the tile floor we could not hear the receptionist speaking. Just as they were done coming through a man started vacuuming, and again we were at a loss to hear any thing. I was expecting the worst by the time we got to our room. Once we entered the room we were pleasantly surprised. It was a very nice room. The fixtures a little dated but clean and in good repair. A very nice king bed and lots of nicely cushioned furniture. We had micro.,coffee, and a fridge. Street was a little loud, but tolerable. Solid wood furniture, very nice.

• Stayed October 2012
New York
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was originally going to stay at a hotel in downtown Seattle but could not win any Priceline bids due to a conference going on that resulted in most of the hotels there being booked solid. I was concerned about how far off the Redmond Inn was, but there were rooms available at a discount rate, and it was right off the interstate, so I decided to pull the trigger for 4 nights stay.

For those who actually wanted to visit Seattle, I think the Redmond Inn is a viable option if downtown is either booked or too expensive for you. There are two highways to choose from when driving into Seattle: 520 and I-90. 520 includes a toll bridge, while the bridge for I-90 is free, so as a result most of the rush hour traffic goes on I-90. I paid about $4 each way to use 520 just for the convenience of driving at whatever hours I pleased and it worked out very well. Redmond is about 15 miles away, and my commutes only took me 20-30 minutes Once in downtown I used the Pacific Place garage to park my car, and the city was my oyster. Good times.

As for the inn itself, the staff was very friendly, my wi-fi was perfect (10-15 Mbps speeds on the second floor, Room 212), the laundry room was clean and functional, and my room was spacious with a small kitchenette that included a sink, fridge and microwave (no drawers or utensils though). It also sports my favorite type of bathroom set up where the sink is separated from the toilet and shower, providing more room for comfort. Noise was a non-issue as well, as I barely heard anyone save for the occasional door slam that would rattle my desk.

I never got to try breakfast as there is a Pancake House in the same parking lot, so I opted to have breakfast there (or after I arrived into the city). There is also a tire center in the same lot but it doesn't cheapen the feel of the area here, in fact there is also shopping center next door that you can walk to (use the back entrance that only requires crossing the street to entire the shopping center. There you have Jimmy John's, Chipotle Mexican Grill, cafes, and a HUGE Whole Foods market that is among the biggest I've seen thus far. Their foods are DELICIOUS and the staff is overly warm and friendly. (There's also a Blazing Bagels that's within walking distance and somewhat concealed in one of the back roads here.)

In the other direction past the highway overpass is the city center with an outdoor mall offering even more dining and shopping options and other shopping centers as well (including a nearby Safeway's). Redmond Inn is really positioned well here. The roads do get heavily congested at times, so if you're driving around here try to avoid rush hour times.

Overall I'm very glad I found this inn and plan to use it again the next time I visit Seattle.

Room Tip: The second floor appears to be quieter and the wi-fi signals were particularly strong here as well.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Seattle, WA
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Microsoft rates for business travelers. Friendly staff greats you in a good location for doing business in the area. Reasonable rates. Free Internet and cookie. Pool is closed a lot because it is outdoors. Clean rooms.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Seattle
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I don't know what that last 1 star review was about - I found everything in my room clean and operational. Nice bedding, just what am I supposed to do with that big cylinder pillow anyways? I was particularly impressed with the breakfast which included a very wide variety of foods including do it yourself pancakes and waffles. The automatic pancake machine wasn't working, but it was fun making my own waffles. They also have things like yogurt and hard boiled eggs which I haven't seen at other hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Albany, Oregon, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I'm going to tell you now, this is going to be a long review. I want to start by saying that I found The Redmond Inn on Priceline. I then looked at the reviews here and they seemed, as you can see, mostly positive. It's not a top hotel but it's in Redmond and there were only two common complaints - the noise and the breakfast being a bit dull. I didn't care about the breakfast and figured we'd only be sleeping there so went with it (though I booked directly with the hotel for the same price as Priceline).

My two children and I arrived after midnight. The gentleman at the desk was incredibly kind and friendly and the lobby room was fine with a free beverage machine and the promise of cookies in the afternoon. We crossed over to the other building and went to our room.

The first thing I noticed was that the latch plate on our room (131) was coming off. The door shut and latched as long as you were careful so I let that be. The next thing I noticed was that the room was rather small, a bit worn down but not terrible.

Next I found that there were whiskers from a man's shaver all over the bathroom sink and counter. Since it was after midnight I took the waschcloth and wiped them down but they still weren't clean without using a cleaner to pick the tiny hairs up. That was followed by sitting down to use the restroom and discovering hairs all over the bathroom floor.

My daughter then went to the bathroom and mentioned that there were hairs stuck to the shower walls. I looked and found this to be true. It didn't look like the shower had been cleaned in a long time. I was beginning to suspect that the room had not been cleaned in a long time. I was exhausted after a long day and a five hour drive and my children were already changed into their pajamas so I didn't ring the front desk right away.

At that point I turned the heater on. It had clearly not been run all summer and smelled of burning dust so I turned it back off. As soon as I laid down I realized that I was listening to the man in the room next to me snore. Well, those paper thin walls might cause a problem after all. Thankfully, he turned over and I was able to fall asleep. However, at about 6am the people in the room on the other side of us got up and started talking. What was probably a normally toned conversation sounded to me as if they were trying to wake people up.

Then the people upstairs woke up. What was probably normal walking around sounded like a herd of elephants stomping across the ceiling. So up we were. It was in the morning that I noticed that the bathroom door handle was about to fall off and the bathroom faucet literally lifted up out of the sink. I decided that the things that had to do with the aging of the room weren't important to me but stopped at the front desk and was very clear about the lack of cleanliness in the bathroom. I specifically requested that housekeeping come and clean the sink, counter, floor and shower and explained why. We left for the day (see my other reviews for the pancake house next door, that seems to share ownership) and came back at about 9:30pm. At that point I discovered that none of the requested cleaning had been done though housekeeping had been in to make the beds and replace the towels. I took pictures of the hairs on the bathroom floor (I couldn't get enough light to take a good picture of the sink or shower). When I walked into the rest of the room I realized that the floor had pieces of garbage all over it and the glasses that we used for water had been left sitting there. This threw me over the top so I walked to the front desk. There were two girls there, one of them had been there in the morning when I'd requested housekeeping. I explained as calmly but vehemently as possible that this was unacceptable and they agreed with me. They didn't have any suggestions for ways to fix the situation - I wasn't offered another room or for anyone to clean. I did request a broom so I could sweep the bathroom door and at that point one of them did offer to come and do this. My kids were in their pajamas and while I didn't feel like cleaning a hotel room bathroom I also didn't think they wanted someone else coming into the room at that point.

It took me less than 30 seconds to fully sweep the bathroom floor. I took a picture of the pile of hairs on the floor and showed it to the front desk staff when I returned the broom. They were appalled and promised to call the manager in the morning. Then I went back to the room to go to bed. At that point we realized that the towels that had been left were not actually clean. My daughter went to grab one to dry her face after washing it and found crusted on who knows what. Then the people next door, in a connecting room, started smoking and our room filled with the smell of cigarette smoke. I think at that point I simply cried myself to sleep through the conversations and noise going on around me.

We left first thing in the morning, after being awoken again by the "stomping" and "yelling" around us. The front desk staff were the same two people. They had credited me for one night and said they would talk with the manager about crediting our second night. While I appreciate that, and don't think I should have to pay to clean the room, what I really want to see is the property make some clear improvements in their housekeeping and maintenance.

They will not be able to change the soundproof qualities of the rooms without a major renovation. So what I say here is buyer beware. This hotel is in a great location, literally right off of the 520, a few blocks from Redmond Town Center, Microsoft and downtown Redmond. There may be very good reasons to stay here. But if you do, you should check out the cleanliness of the room as soon as you arrive and be ready to make a fuss and demand it be fixed as soon as you notice a problem, then babysit while they fix it. I think I have proved that asking nicely won't get problems fixed.

I will say that I rated the property "poor" rather than "terrible" because of the attitude of the desk people and the fact that they did indeed credit me with at least one night's stay and also because the price was incredibly reasonable at less than $100 per night including tax.

Room Tip: If you're going to stay here choose the top floor. At least that way you'll only have to li...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Rhiannon A
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I normally try to stay at Marriott hotels while traveling, but the Redmond Marriott was way over my allowed amount. Instead of staying in Renton again and sitting in traffic in the morning to go to Redmond, some coworkers suggested the Redmond Inn. It was reasonable priced. I got there pretty late at night and the front desk clerk was extremely nice and polite. She recommended several places to eat and even offered their shuttle service, which I declined. My room wasn't bad; all the amenities of a Marriott, the bed was comfy, free coffee, and everything seemed clean. The wifi didn't work for me, though. The breakfast was just enough to get by - nothing spectacular, but there is a great breakfast place in the parking lot.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond
Silver Cloud Inn Redmond
Seattle Marriott Redmond
Baymont Inn & Suites Seattle/Kirkland WA
Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond

Been to Redmond Inn? Share your experiences!