“Great Spot for a Bite and a Beer”
Review of Pitchwood Alehouse

Pitchwood Alehouse
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Raymond
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stopped at this restaurant on our way to Astoria, OR. The server was wonderful. You could see part of the kitchen from the seating area. Kitchen seemed jovial. Customers were steady, and you could tell most of them were locals. We were very hungry upon arrival and had a clams and garlic butter appetizer, which was very good. Then we each had our very late lunch. I had the Swiss & mushroom burger, and my husband had a sandwich. Both were very tasty! The atmosphere is definitely woodsy watering hole and just right for the locale. Loved it. Definitely recommend the Pitchwood Alehouse!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were on our way to the Oregon coast, stopped at Raymond at lunchtime to look for a place to eat, and stumbled on the Pitchwood Alehouse. It was delightful. The staff was as friendly and helpful as could be (such as getting our order in before that of a huge group which came in at the same time). I had the salmon chowder, which was rich with uncountable small chunks of salmon, plus potatoes and carrots. It came with nuclear powered garlic bread. If you don't like garlic, be careful! If you do, mmmmmm. My wife had the shrimp Caesar, with lots of shrimp atop a very fresh and tasty salad. We were able to sit outside on a beautiful day.

1  Thank Chuck_C2013
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Excellent food, with health conscious choices available as well . Many beers on tap to choose from and the service is excellent! Outside seating available in nice weather.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I was nearing the end of my backpacking trip from Mexico City to Vancouver, BC and accidentally found the Pitchwood Alehouse and Motel. The staff/owners were great about getting me a room even though my wallet was lighter than usual. The room was newly renovated and very comfortable and clean. I had a problem with the shower and they had it fixed in less than 20 minutes!!

For dinner I went to the Alehouse and had a semi-local beer from Astoria and an oyster burger. Burger: 10/10 Beer: 10/10. I'll definitely be back!

1  Thank Christopher B
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The menu is very fresh and all the food items have a flare that make their food stand out. The oyster shooters are signature to the local area, served on a half shell and fresh from the Willapa Bay. In the summer you can find an outdoor bar and grill with oysters on the half shell as well. The goat cheese flatbread pizza is amazing, and so are the Pitchwood burgers. Even the nachos are delicious and unique! They have a broad selection of on tap beer with plenty of well selected micro brews as well as a full service bar. The atmosphere is friendly, cozy, and the locals love sharing their favorite hangout with new faces. They offer the most entertainment on the Washington stretch of Highway 101 with live music on more than one night a week. It has become a hot destination for Artists from all over the Northwest to play on the weekends. The newly renovated cabins that sit behind the establishment are both trendy and comfortable for an overnight stay. They keep an updated list of events on their facebook page. Check it out!

1  Thank Wa_Traveler027