“Beyond expectations”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed January 26, 2013

On our way from Oregon to the Olympic peninsula we have been so hungry when we passed thru Raymond. We hoped for a nice diner and found Skater´s. When you are looking for a classic diner with really good classical diner food: Then this is the best choice (probably) between Astoria and Seattle. The diner has all you dream of, when you like the flair of the 50s / 60s. From seating to decoration to music to food.

1  Thank GeraldUtahUSA

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were looking for a good place to eat on our way home from a wet razor clam dig at Grayland and found it at Slaters. Check out a seat where you can read the walls. Look over the numerous items on the 50-60's type menu and you should not got wrong. We had burgers that were most filling and good respite for our energetic hunt for the elusive razor clam.
Would definitely recommend and will return on our next dig.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank WALewisC
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Nice diner atmosphere including the music! Homemade pizza crust. Excellent variety of selections on menu. Something for everyone!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a favorite of ours as we travel down to Long Beach. It has the 1950's atmosphere with pictures and music but most importantly, it has excellent burgers! MMMMM! Wonderful service and easy on the pocketbook!

1  Thank Wendy334
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I was down in the Willapa Bay area doing some reconnaissance for fishing. When I reached the small town of Raymond I decided to get lunch somewhere and saw a Dairy Queen and Slater’s Diner right next to each other. From the outside Slater’s Diner didn’t look like much, but I usually opt for local flavor over fast food chains and this was a good decision this time (it isn’t always, as my wife so kindly reminds me after a bad outing in E. Wenatchee many years ago). The inside of Slater’s was nicer than the outside with a 50's decor. I ordered an Oyster Burger (can’t get that at Dairy Queen!) and a cup of clam chowder, both of which were delicious. Willapa Bay is famous for their oysters, so it was quite fitting to eat an Oyster Burger while I was in the area. Service was efficient, but I expected it to be friendlier, especially for a small town like this. I would definitely give this diner another try in the future.

1  Thank RexTak