“Loved staying here”

Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Quincy
Benton City, Washington
“Loved staying here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

The wine is excellent as well as the lodging and dining. They have all the bases covered. The view from our room was beautiful as well.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great wine and Clint excels as a host...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

My wife and I spent a good hour tasting at the Cave B Winery - well I did because she was pregnant. Clint was an excellent host, not a pushy sales guy and seemed genuinely passionate about the wines. More on our expereince on my blog: http://www.melcarson.com/fabulous-cave-b-inn-and-winery.html

Visited June 2011
1 Thank uktripper007
Benton City, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

My boyfriend and I just returned from spending a night at Cave B. We were attending a wedding that was taking place on location, so we were able to spend just one night there (typically they have you stay 2 nights minimum). We had both heard that it was a beautiful place, so we didn't hesitate to spend a little extra cash for a nice evening. However, after getting there we quickly realized it certainly was not worth the $350 a night.

Our bathroom shower was dirty, hair on the walls and an old band-aid on top of the shower door. Also, the cold water faucet didn't work on the bathtub, so the only way to enjoy the tub was to fill it with hot water and let it cool, or use the champagne bucket to add cold water from the sink.

The winery/resort grounds were pretty, but the layout of everything is meant for walking...for example, we were able to drive our car to our room to unload our luggage, but had to have the valet come to pick it up because there was no long term parking at the building. This was fine, the valet was complimentary, but the grounds were not tailored to walkers. The paths were not lit, so when we left the reception area to go back to our room we had to use our cell phones to see. Also, there were many uneven areas, I tripped once and saw many others do the same.

There were other small things, such as ants on the patio, and an "untidy" bed....nothing worth ranting about, but certainly not what we expected considering how much we paid for the night.

The staff were all friendly, and the wedding was very nice, food was amazing! The wines were good, but there was a $6 tasting fee which I felt should have been waived for guests of the resort...but then again, I'm from wine country and don't particularly care for tasting fees at all :)

All in all, I would say our stay was "nice" but not spectacular.

1 Thank klprkd