Cave B Inn & Spa Resort
$55
$139
$121
Hotels.com
SureStay Hotel by Best Western Wenatchee(East Wenatchee)(Great Value!)
$86
RodewayInn
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
All reviewscliff housetasting roomwine tastingcolumbia rivercavern roomconcert weekendtendrils restaurantgorge amphitheaterhiked downmain buildingprivate patiohiking trailswedding partysoaking tubfloor to ceiling windowsthe entire staffsized bed
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was at Cave B fa for a couple of night last August for my birthday with a friend. From beginning to end I couldn't be more please with the place that I picked for my 30th birthday celebration. Perfect location, great architecture, beautiful scenery, great wines, and good food. Everything was perfect but I got to admit that the staff was what made the difference between any luxury Hotel and Cave B. The couldn't be more kind, friendly and helpful. They went beyond my expectations to satisfy my needs and to provide me with the best experience ever. I especially want to thank Leroy to go above his limits to find me when my sister needed to get a hold with me over the phone. Thank you Cave B for a wonderful experience! I will be back soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Isabel T
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We went Cave B Inn for a wedding, and had the experience of staying in two different room types due to the 'better rooms' being booked over the weekend. Suffice to say, there is a huge difference in quality of stay based on room type. First night = cliff room, and it was spectacular. However, I strongly agree with other reviewers here that the Inn's service is sketchy at best. We had no directory on the in room phones, and had better luck getting someone to answer on requests (ie: spa reservation) when we phoned in via cell. Second night = Yurt. Now, I'm not a pollyanna about what you get when you stay in something called a Yurt, but the issues we had were directly related to upkeep of those rooms. Amenities were missing (soap, hair dryer, towels). There was a fly paper strip full of little bug corpses hanging near our bed. And then -- worst of all -- we found out just how bad the insect issue was when we found wasps in the yurt, including in our bed. I get it -- some 'wildlife' is to be expected in the middle of a vineyard, but the Inn was not at all helpful (although apologetic). It took hours for maintenance to come in and spray our yurt to kill the wasps, and even then it just seemed to anger the bugs. I'm not found of being in a room that was just dosed with bug spray, and even less found of trying to relax while dodging flies & wasps falling in a death spiral from the ceiling. It was completely unnerving, and we almost slept in our car. Please note that the bride was also incredibly dissappointed by the series of event planners provided for her wedding & reception -- they apparently kept disappearing and were little to no help (see: Staff problem). Also note that once you're there, you're 30 minutes from restaurant options other than Cave B's, and they tend to have a limited menu and limited hours. They were actually turning away members of the wedding party for the brunch because there was not enough room / food. Not even a vending machine to fall back on. They seriously need to work on the service and quality details, which is unfortunate since the location is beautiful. The vineyard has different management from the Inn, and it shows.

Room Tip: Yurts = I cannot recommend, even for happy campers. Cliffroom = yes. Add lots of wine, and its probably a good get-away-from-it-all vacation. Plan ahead for meals & snacks, either with reservations and / or your own food supply. Very confusing layout, good luck navigating at night. You can literally drive off a cliff. Service is lacking, so be prepared to manage your own baggage (emotional & physical luggage) Beautiful scenery, but not much more than that. Bring a book (or five) to read. Wi-fi was solid; special thanks to Steve Jobs for creating the iPad as it saved my sanity. Heater in Yurt was loud, but it drowned out the buzzing of the flies / wasps.
2  Thank atx_tori
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Beautiful dramatic location, but seriously understaffed. We stayed in one of the cliff houses below the main inn. There was no one to help us with our luggage, which we struggled with down many stairs to the house. The room was spacious, but only had one luggage rack and the heater fan was so noisy we turned it off. The DVD player had been removed from our room. There was no information describing the hotel amenities. When I called the front desk to inquire, I was told that the compendium was being updated. Ice was available by walking back to the front desk. At dinner, there was only one server and his assistant. The food was good, but we were surprised that they only offer the Cave B wine, which is average at best. The stairs down to our room were not completely lit, making the return from dinner treacherous.

1  Thank WWVines
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Cave B Inn has multiple offerings, so your experience will depend on how you tailor your getaway. The wines and the winery are exceptional. Service was good, the 7.00 tasting a great deal and the wines were created with tremendous skill and finesse. Dinner in the main building was exceptional, with commensurate pricing. Accommodations range from yurts up to small private villas. We were in a very spacious and cool suite, with soaring ceilings, glass walls, central whirlpool, marble surfaces, fireplace, etc.... There were minor detail shortcomings though - maintenance issues - that reminded me we were there in the off season, with possibly lower staffing levels than during the peak time. The overall experience is impressive and almost inspiring. It is especially impressive that such an ambitious, high grade vision was converted to reality in place that is geographically distant from the probable target customer base.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

If you crave serenity in a setting that does not stint on creature comforts, then Cave B is your place. Perched on a cliff overlooking the Columbia Gorge, this facility's stone "cliff houses" blend with the stark and rocky surroundings so perfectly that they seem part of it. Each unit consists of a large bedroom and living room divided by a stone wall and two-sided fireplace with a television that swivels to either side of the house. Polished wood floors, leather couch, antique armoire, armchairs beside the fireplace,comfortable bed with real down comforter and down pillows, lovely bedding, all create a feeling of supreme comfort and elegance. The window wall is on the long side of the unit, rather than at the end, as in standard hotel/motel rooms, so the unit is flooded with a sensation of space and light and gives an unobstructed view of the almost other-worldly scenery before you. This view never ceases to take my breathe away and if I did nothing more than spend my entire visit gazing at it, that would be enough. Each cliff house has a patio beneath a grape arbor and in the fall, the ripe, full clusters hang above. There is comfortable porch furniture, and a strong feeling of privacy. The bathroom is enormous with a huge soaking tub large enough for two, a big shower enclosure with rimless glass doors, beautiful stone tiling and floors, and is just generally luxurious and wonderful. The wall mounted amenities are luscious.
The cavern rooms are smaller with the window on the end, but frankly, just as desirable in their own way. The ceilings are high and the windows are floor-to-ceiling. The space is still very large. There is a comfortable chaise longue for relaxing, and double-doors by the tub that allow you to sit in the tub and admire the view outside. Many cavern rooms open to the grassy area right on the edge of the cliff and in many ways, are closest to "the action".
Discreetly lit paths connect all of the units and at night, as you might imagine for Eastern Washington, there will be a million, billion stars in the velvety black sky -- even the Milky Way clearly stretching from horizon to horizon.
The pool region is particularly dramatic and pleasant. The pool itself gives the illusion of being an infinity pool and is situated so as to get the most sunshine and offer a full view of the gorge. At the far end of the pool is an arbor, a stream, a waterfall, a cliff face, and numerous tables at which you can sip wine or cold drinks offered sometimes in the pool side bar.
The restaurant, located in the large main lodge, has a full view, as well, and if the weather is warm -- which it often is -- it is a delight to dine on the large outdoor patio. The food is creative, tasty and well-prepared. There is a nice Sunday brunch which we arrived early enough to enjoy for our Sunday night stay. At dinner, the crab and mushroom risotto was out of this world, as was the nutella banana cream pie for dessert. I sampled some of my partner's grilled sturgeon -- very, very nice. Breakfast the next morning offered various lovely choices, including a kale, squash and onion quiche with a salad of baby greens. Most of the food is local.
The word I would choose for the staff is "nurturing". Every single staff person seemed to have made it his or her personal mission to see to my comfort and happiness. How refreshing and wonderful! It brought a personal touch to our stay that only added to our sense of well-being.
The Inn is located amidst a vineyard and at every season, it is interesting to see the progress of the vines. This fall was lovely, as clusters of ripe grapes hung among yellowing grape leaves. A winery near the top of the hill offers wine tastings, or individual glasses or bottles which you may enjoy at tables outside, again, with that unbelievable view spread before you.

1  Thank Diamondqueen