All reviewscliff housetasting roomwine tastingcolumbia rivercavern roomgorge amphitheatertendrils restauranthiked downmain buildingprivate patiohiking trailswedding partysoaking tubromantic weekendthe entire staffking bedcalled the front desk
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Staying at the Yurt was charming, spacious and something different. They have other types of accommodation which I will stay in the winter time, just to sit indoor and stare at the view.
Wine tasting was $7 ,10 different types, don't have to drive, walk around the property to work up the appetite and head to the restaurant for gourmet dinner. I finally found a place I can do a short getaway !
Fun for family with kids to go riding etc.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We choose to get a Cavern room for the weekend of the Jason Mraz concert. It was my first time to the Gorge and my first time at the Cave B Inn - The weekend, from start to finish was perfect. We found the staff to be very helpful - from Jeff (facilities and maintenance) to Lindsey (front desk) to LeRoy (shuttle and valet). All of the folks answewred our questions and gave great suggestions - Even with the crazyness of the concert - we found the weekend to be incredibly relaxing and wonderful. LOVED it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sara H
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My friend and I spent the weekend at Cave B in a Yurt and had a great time.
There were plenty of negative comments regarding the Yurts but honestly it's all about your perspective. If you think the Yurts are going to be like a 4-5 star hotel room you'll be greatly disappointed. But if you compare the Yurts to camping in a tent they are Great. The Yurt was spacious, the bed was comfy and the water was hot. The staff at Cave was also very helpful and friendly, Kathy Willet in particular helped me with dinner, spa reservation and general questions.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jumpstick
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband took me here for our wedding anniversary. It is out in the middle of nowhere, but a gorgeous location once you arrive. Beautiful vineyards and view of the Columbia River Gorge. There was an onsite tasting room, spa, where we had massages and a gourmet restaurant. We stayed in a cliff house was really nice. Scenery is beautiful, something everyone should experience. There were trails to take a hike down to the river. This is a breathtaking location for a wedding!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The inn was full so we booked a yurt. At about $180/night. Nicely appointed, king bed, separate bathroom/shower. Small frig. A/C window unit. Quite charming. Funny tho - Cave B is a little short when it comes to customer service. We had no hand soap in our room/yurt. When I asked for some, they delivered more shower gel. When I inquired at the front desk, I was told that the Inn doesn't have hand/bar soap in the regular rooms (I'm guessing they use dispensers) so they don't have any bar soap to provide in the yurts. It is about a 7 min. walk from the yurt village to then main Inn. Several times, even after dark, we'd be walking on the road, and the valet in the golf cart would zip by, cart empty. Not once did he stop and ask if we'd like a ride,etc. Unfortunately the valets/front desk are very young, and although very nice, they are not trained to the level that the hotel's image should project. Example - our greeting from the front desk,"hey, howzit goin".
A/C unit is loud and should the yurt village be full, it could be loud as well. We could hear our neighbor's music and baby crying at night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple