All reviews cliff house tasting room wine tasting columbia river cavern room gorge amphitheater tendrils restaurant hiked down main building private patio hiking trails wedding party soaking tub romantic weekend the entire staff king bed called the front desk
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We choose to get a Cavern room for the weekend of the Jason Mraz concert. It was my first time to the Gorge and my first time at the Cave B Inn - The weekend, from start to finish was perfect. We found the staff to be very helpful - from Jeff (facilities and maintenance) to Lindsey (front desk) to LeRoy (shuttle and valet). All of the folks answewred our questions and gave great suggestions - Even with the crazyness of the concert - we found the weekend to be incredibly relaxing and wonderful. LOVED it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sara H
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My friend and I spent the weekend at Cave B in a Yurt and had a great time.
There were plenty of negative comments regarding the Yurts but honestly it's all about your perspective. If you think the Yurts are going to be like a 4-5 star hotel room you'll be greatly disappointed. But if you compare the Yurts to camping in a tent they are Great. The Yurt was spacious, the bed was comfy and the water was hot. The staff at Cave was also very helpful and friendly, Kathy Willet in particular helped me with dinner, spa reservation and general questions.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jumpstick
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband took me here for our wedding anniversary. It is out in the middle of nowhere, but a gorgeous location once you arrive. Beautiful vineyards and view of the Columbia River Gorge. There was an onsite tasting room, spa, where we had massages and a gourmet restaurant. We stayed in a cliff house was really nice. Scenery is beautiful, something everyone should experience. There were trails to take a hike down to the river. This is a breathtaking location for a wedding!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The inn was full so we booked a yurt. At about $180/night. Nicely appointed, king bed, separate bathroom/shower. Small frig. A/C window unit. Quite charming. Funny tho - Cave B is a little short when it comes to customer service. We had no hand soap in our room/yurt. When I asked for some, they delivered more shower gel. When I inquired at the front desk, I was told that the Inn doesn't have hand/bar soap in the regular rooms (I'm guessing they use dispensers) so they don't have any bar soap to provide in the yurts. It is about a 7 min. walk from the yurt village to then main Inn. Several times, even after dark, we'd be walking on the road, and the valet in the golf cart would zip by, cart empty. Not once did he stop and ask if we'd like a ride,etc. Unfortunately the valets/front desk are very young, and although very nice, they are not trained to the level that the hotel's image should project. Example - our greeting from the front desk,"hey, howzit goin".
A/C unit is loud and should the yurt village be full, it could be loud as well. We could hear our neighbor's music and baby crying at night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SeattleNanc
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Love Cave B. Was here for a friend's 50th bday and the staff made every step fabulous and memorable. The views and hiking are spectacular, the food and wine are superb and creative and the service is exactly what you would expect from a a resort like this. Stellar. Highly recommended. So much better than Suncadia, which could learn a few tips on service from Cave B.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple