All reviews cliff house tasting room wine tasting columbia river cavern room gorge amphitheater tendrils restaurant hiked down main building private patio hiking trails wedding party soaking tub romantic weekend the entire staff king bed called the front desk
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband took me here for our wedding anniversary. It is out in the middle of nowhere, but a gorgeous location once you arrive. Beautiful vineyards and view of the Columbia River Gorge. There was an onsite tasting room, spa, where we had massages and a gourmet restaurant. We stayed in a cliff house was really nice. Scenery is beautiful, something everyone should experience. There were trails to take a hike down to the river. This is a breathtaking location for a wedding!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The inn was full so we booked a yurt. At about $180/night. Nicely appointed, king bed, separate bathroom/shower. Small frig. A/C window unit. Quite charming. Funny tho - Cave B is a little short when it comes to customer service. We had no hand soap in our room/yurt. When I asked for some, they delivered more shower gel. When I inquired at the front desk, I was told that the Inn doesn't have hand/bar soap in the regular rooms (I'm guessing they use dispensers) so they don't have any bar soap to provide in the yurts. It is about a 7 min. walk from the yurt village to then main Inn. Several times, even after dark, we'd be walking on the road, and the valet in the golf cart would zip by, cart empty. Not once did he stop and ask if we'd like a ride,etc. Unfortunately the valets/front desk are very young, and although very nice, they are not trained to the level that the hotel's image should project. Example - our greeting from the front desk,"hey, howzit goin".
A/C unit is loud and should the yurt village be full, it could be loud as well. We could hear our neighbor's music and baby crying at night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SeattleNanc
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Love Cave B. Was here for a friend's 50th bday and the staff made every step fabulous and memorable. The views and hiking are spectacular, the food and wine are superb and creative and the service is exactly what you would expect from a a resort like this. Stellar. Highly recommended. So much better than Suncadia, which could learn a few tips on service from Cave B.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Cave B for two nights last spring and had a great time. This is a really special place! We stayed in a cliff house and the accomodations were first class all the way. The room was spacious and comfortable with incredible views from the picture window and patio down into the gorge and river. It happened to be our anniversary and my husband had the staff set the room up with chocolate covered strawberries and wine which was a really nice touch. We brought snacks so that we wouldn't have to spend a lot of money eating in the restaurant and that worked out fine thanks to the in room fridge.The grounds of this place are absolutely beautiful and accessible, from the extensive vineyard to the huge kitchen garden to the trail down to the Columbia River. We loved the wine tasting experience and just walking the grounds enjoying the views (sunsets over the gorge are incredible!). The staff, especially Grace, were very accommodating and treated us like valued guests. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to get away from it all and experience a region of Washington that is often just driven through on I5. This is central Washington at its best and we are lucky to have this first class resort perched on top of the cliff so that visitors can immerse themselves in this unique and beautiful area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My experience at Cave B was fantastic AND awful all in one weekend.
First, I'll give you the "fantastic" part... The weather was beautiful, the food at the restaurant (Tendrils) is amazing, and the scenic views were off the charts. LeRoy (staff member at Cave B) went ABOVE AND BEYOND to make sure my travel buddies and I had a fantastic stay. LeRoy was kind, considerate, helpful, and friendly. He treated us as if we were very important guests on the property and made our trip AWESOME!
Now for the "awful"... The majority of the staff (with the exception of the above mentioned LeRoy, our friend in maintenance - Omar, Ron at the front desk, and Angelita in the restaurant) treated my friends and I as if we were "2nd rate guests". We were spoken to in an inappropriate and unprofessional manner by Grace (manager). Our accommodations were less than average and not at all what was promised to us. There was not even a key that worked for our "Yurt" until very late on the evening that we arrived. We were told prior to our arrival that we might not have use of the pool, but we would have access to the rest of the property. We found out something quite different when we arrived and basically were expected to stay in our Yurt (not the "room" we had reserved in the first place.) for the majority of our trip. We were given different information by most every staff member that we spoke with which shows that there is quite poor leadership in place. When we requested to have appropriate bedding for the cots and air mattress that were set up in our room in place of the king bed we were promised, we were told that there was not any extra bedding for us. The service in the restaurant was quite slow and many customers (aside from us) were quite frustrated with that aspect.
Without LeRoy making an extra effort - our weekend at Cave B would have been a disaster. My travel buddies and I will NEVER stay at this property again.

Room Tip: The Yurts are fine - be sure you get a king bed (we didn't) and a key that works. The Cliff Houses are supposed to be great. Too bad we didn't get what we reserved...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends