All reviewscliff housetasting roomwine tastingcolumbia rivercavern roomgorge amphitheatertendrils restauranthiked downmain buildingprivate patiohiking trailswedding partysoaking tubromantic weekendthe entire staffking bedcalled the front desk
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We went in December so it snowed which only added to the adventure. It's a 3 hour drive from Seattle and during off season, the rates are very reasonable. They do close for a few weeks after Christmas so be sure to check before you make plans.

The Inn is very nice. We had a one-bedroom "Cliff House" which is a free standing building overlooking the Columbia Gorge/River. Fireplace with glass on 2 sides so you can enjoy it from the living room or the bedroom. The bathroom has a large glass shower and a soaking tub.

Nice materials used throughout - slate and wood with comfortable furniture. Coffee pot in the room is a nice plus. There's a dvd player and flat screen tv in the room with some movies to borrow in the lobby.

Our package included dinner in the restaurant which was amazing. Breakfast was great too. There is a winery and you can do a tasting. Also, a spa if you want more pampering.

We stayed here and used it as our base to do some hiking in the area. Quincy does not have much to offer in terms of restaurants or entertainment so be sure you bring or borrow movies, games and such.

There are concerts at the Gorge Amphitheater next door during the summer but I suspect the Inn gets pretty busy on concert weekends.

Room Tip: The Cliff House rooms all have gorge/river views with patios and furniture. The "yurts" are on the flat, higher ground of the property and would not offer much in the way of views.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SunnyKobeCook
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Every once in a while I need to escape the cold in Spokane in early Winter and this just the spot. An oasis in the high desert, get it all in one place: hiking, great wine, cliffhouse room fireplace, delicious cuisine, and you can even bring your dog!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We were on a summer long weekend with our dogs. We pulled off in the middle of nowhere and used GPS to find somewhere to stay. Traveling with dogs often means you miss out on luxury--Cave B to the rescue! Our Cavern Room was clean, comfortable and well-appointed. Great bathroom and comfy bedThe floor-to-ceiling windows look out at the basalt cliffs of the Columbia River--that alone makes Cave B extraordinary. Each ground floor unit has a stone patio right outside and in a few steps more you can look down into the river. The view is stunning. And, there are great paths to walk on throughout the property. It is a clever set-up with parking at the far edge of the property and electric golf carts to shuttle you with your luggage. Very relaxing. Beautiful setting. We'll definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol H
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I have stayed at Cave B with my husband before and tried to book an upcoming accommodation with spa special they were offering on their website. The dates I wanted were available and the room type as well. When I phoned the Inn to confirm, I was told that the package was not available at the advertised price. After several discussions with assorted staff, I asked to speak with the manager. I was told he was in a meeting each time I called and my requests that he call me were ignored.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank herronsnest
LoyHelmlyGM, General Manager at Cave B Inn & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your feeling that we did not provide accurate availability for the package and time period you wished to visit. Our special offers and packages are subject to availability and change occasionally as the rooms alotted for the offer fill in and the discount is withdrawn. We do try to accommodate everyone and their requests but hope that you will understand that there is often a lag time between when guests view availability on line and when the web pages are refreshed to show that availability has changed.

I am also sorry that I did not receive your contact information as you requested. My position often requires that I participate in meetings or daily activities around the property but I do try and follow up with all my messages and e-mails efficiently and in a timely manner. I will alert our staff to be sure that they pass all messages along to me so I can fulfill this commitment more accurately in the future.

Loy Helmly, General Manager

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Cave B at the Columbia Gorge-- My family attended my brother's wedding that was held at Cave B this past weekend. The spectacular setting overrides any and all complaints, however one needs to know that the accomodations, while lovely, have an abundance of problems. We heard many complaints from our family and friends who were also staying here. We had a fireplace that did not work, a shower head that was broken, our lock didn't work, we had no hot water, and our toilet was plugged upon our arrival and continued to be plugged throughout our stay. The beuatiful huge glass sliding doors leading out to a very dramatic view were smeared with fingerprints and the floors hadn't been cleaned in weeks. Lighting in the evening is extremely poor this time of year and the resort really needs to work on improving the lighting along the trails and paths to the cliffhouses. There was also dog poop all over in the yards of the cliffhouses. The towels provided were as thin as rags. Finally, the poor driving of the employees who were escorting guests around the property during the wedding and reception led to one of the wedding guests falling off of the vehicle and injuring his head!

On the plus side, the structures throughout the property--included the amazing cliffhouses, are beautiful, and the location is truly, absolutely stunning. All employees are very friendly.

What a shame. Cave B is one of a kind, and has some extremely positive qualitiies and could be top notch-----but the standards for service and cleanliness are truly lacking and have resulted in my rating the property as "Average".

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank alaskacowfarm

We recently received your comments that were posted and were sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations for guest room housekeeping and maintenance while you were attending your relative’s wedding this past weekend. We saw so many of the family & friends of the bride & groom who appeared to be having a great time. We are sorry that these items you described detracted from your stay and the joyous occasion of the wedding and reception afterwards. We have noted your areas of concern for additional cleaning details and minor repairs needed and have shared them with our team in order that we can correct them right away. As you commented, these items should have been handled easily and we apologize that they detracted from the overall experience of your stay.

We were also sorry to hear of the accident by one of the guests riding on our shuttle carts. We are reviewing our policies and procedures for the shuttle carts to assure that they are not over crowded and that all safety precautions are followed.

We were encouraged that the natural beauty of our area and the friendliness of our team members were more to your liking and that these positive elements met your expectations. We will continue to work on our shortcomings so that your next visit will be more complete with improved levels of quality.

Loy Helmly, General Manager