“Cool, Calm and Collected”

Cave B Inn & Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Quincy
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We were on a summer long weekend with our dogs. We pulled off in the middle of nowhere and used GPS to find somewhere to stay. Traveling with dogs often means you miss out on luxury--Cave B to the rescue! Our Cavern Room was clean, comfortable and well-appointed. Great bathroom and comfy bedThe floor-to-ceiling windows look out at the basalt cliffs of the Columbia River--that alone makes Cave B extraordinary. Each ground floor unit has a stone patio right outside and in a few steps more you can look down into the river. The view is stunning. And, there are great paths to walk on throughout the property. It is a clever set-up with parking at the far edge of the property and electric golf carts to shuttle you with your luggage. Very relaxing. Beautiful setting. We'll definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fudgehaze

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I have stayed at Cave B with my husband before and tried to book an upcoming accommodation with spa special they were offering on their website. The dates I wanted were available and the room type as well. When I phoned the Inn to confirm, I was told that the package was not available at the advertised price. After several discussions with assorted staff, I asked to speak with the manager. I was told he was in a meeting each time I called and my requests that he call me were ignored.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank herronsnest
LoyHelmlyGM, General Manager at Cave B Inn & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your feeling that we did not provide accurate availability for the package and time period you wished to visit. Our special offers and packages are subject to availability and change occasionally as the rooms alotted for the offer fill in and the discount is withdrawn. We do try to accommodate everyone and their requests but hope that you will understand that there is often a lag time between when guests view availability on line and when the web pages are refreshed to show that availability has changed.

I am also sorry that I did not receive your contact information as you requested. My position often requires that I participate in meetings or daily activities around the property but I do try and follow up with all my messages and e-mails efficiently and in a timely manner. I will alert our staff to be sure that they pass all messages along to me so I can fulfill this commitment more accurately in the future.

Loy Helmly, General Manager

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Cave B at the Columbia Gorge-- My family attended my brother's wedding that was held at Cave B this past weekend. The spectacular setting overrides any and all complaints, however one needs to know that the accomodations, while lovely, have an abundance of problems. We heard many complaints from our family and friends who were also staying here. We had a fireplace that did not work, a shower head that was broken, our lock didn't work, we had no hot water, and our toilet was plugged upon our arrival and continued to be plugged throughout our stay. The beuatiful huge glass sliding doors leading out to a very dramatic view were smeared with fingerprints and the floors hadn't been cleaned in weeks. Lighting in the evening is extremely poor this time of year and the resort really needs to work on improving the lighting along the trails and paths to the cliffhouses. There was also dog poop all over in the yards of the cliffhouses. The towels provided were as thin as rags. Finally, the poor driving of the employees who were escorting guests around the property during the wedding and reception led to one of the wedding guests falling off of the vehicle and injuring his head!

On the plus side, the structures throughout the property--included the amazing cliffhouses, are beautiful, and the location is truly, absolutely stunning. All employees are very friendly.

What a shame. Cave B is one of a kind, and has some extremely positive qualitiies and could be top notch-----but the standards for service and cleanliness are truly lacking and have resulted in my rating the property as "Average".

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank alaskacowfarm

We recently received your comments that were posted and were sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations for guest room housekeeping and maintenance while you were attending your relative’s wedding this past weekend. We saw so many of the family & friends of the bride & groom who appeared to be having a great time. We are sorry that these items you described detracted from your stay and the joyous occasion of the wedding and reception afterwards. We have noted your areas of concern for additional cleaning details and minor repairs needed and have shared them with our team in order that we can correct them right away. As you commented, these items should have been handled easily and we apologize that they detracted from the overall experience of your stay.

We were also sorry to hear of the accident by one of the guests riding on our shuttle carts. We are reviewing our policies and procedures for the shuttle carts to assure that they are not over crowded and that all safety precautions are followed.

We were encouraged that the natural beauty of our area and the friendliness of our team members were more to your liking and that these positive elements met your expectations. We will continue to work on our shortcomings so that your next visit will be more complete with improved levels of quality.

Loy Helmly, General Manager

Reviewed October 10, 2011

We went to the Cave B Inn & Spa for my 40th birthday and were not disappointed. We had a Cavern Room with a breathtaking view of the Columbia River and mountains. As we walked to our room, we wound our way through vineyards with beautiful grapes ready for the picking. The staff was top rate. What ever I needed, I would pick up the phone and I was greeted with a cheery staff member who was polite and happy to help. I even took a painting class and came home with a beautiful painting that hanging on my wall. My only complaint is that the food is very expensive. There are no entree options less than $30 in the dining room for dinner but they did allow us to order the $14 burger in the dining room. Once again, their customer service shined.

It was the perfect get - a - way from Seattle and you feel as if you're a million miles away. It was worth every penny.

Room Tip: Cavern rooms top floor are GREAT.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Cave B is a 1.5 hour drive from Seattle and the grounds not only smell wonderful but the views are majestic and lodging is excellent with natural architecture to blend in with the astounding surroundings at the same time. The staff is so helpful, the Spa is very good and the wine tasting on grounds is superb. The pool is so pretty in the natural landscape. This is a great place for all ages and desires. Bring an appetite as Chef Bear will delight you with sauces on protiens and fresh organic veggies. There is cool bikes to ride around property and look at the wine grapes. Take advantage of this nearby resort and you will relax and enjoy.

Room Tip: Cliff Houses are the best
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We were greeted by the finest staff in the industry, Leroy and Jesse greeted us upon arrival and made us feel feel so at home that we stayed longer than we had planed! A long story made short my wife and I had a great time on our annual vacation through Washington's east side this year! We have taken a tour through eastern WA for the last 12 years, sort of a tradition. But this year we made our way to Cave B Winery, as we have wanted to do for a long time. A tremendously fabulous idea... What a pleasant stay. Great food, wine and staff. (9-5 to 9-7, 2011 Shari and Jesse Rossi) Thanks again-

Room Tip: Luxury yerts are gorgeous, but Cavern rooms have an exceptional sunrise. try them both!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I'm shocked. I wonder if those with negative reviews about the rooms and property were staying at a different hotel than I did. We went to Cave B on 8/20 to celebrate my husband's birthday and go to a concert at the Gorge. I was surprised to find they still had availability when I checked 2 weeks before. I quickly snatched up the last cliffhouse.

We arrived at Cave B around 2 on Saturday and did a quick check in. Our cliffhouse was already cleaned and ready for us. When we walked into the cliffhouse we could not stop saying "wow!" The house was amazing and the view was unbelievable. The house overlooked the pool and the river. It was a very short walk back to the lobby and restaurant. We dropped our bags off and went to the tasting room. It would be nice if tasting was included if you were staying at the inn. I believe tasting ran us $6 each for 10 or so wines, so it wasn't too bad. The wines are very yummy. A little pricey but they are good quality.

We still had some time to kill so we went to the restaurant for a little snack. We shared a bottle of wine and just enjoyed the wonderful views. We made a few new friends with other couples that were sitting outside enjoying the sunshine. The pool is nice and refreshing. I love that they have waiter service at the pool. We ordered a couple of drinks and relaxed a bit before the concert.

This is the place to stay if you're going to a concert. It was maybe a 5 minute walk from the check in lobby to the main gates of the concert. You can also call the front desk and they will have their shuttle take you to the gate. You don't have to deal with any traffic. After the concert they had their shuttle driving around picking up guests. First class service!

The only negative I have about the trip was the check out process. I had booked a package deal online and the house was going to be $400/night. When I got the bill for checkout it was over $600. They didn't adjust for the package cost. They were very nice and fixed it for us on my word because I hadn't printed out anything that said what it would cost. Also, it would be nice to have a complimentary bottle of wine with your stay. There was a bottle in the room but it said nothing about price. We had to ask at the front desk and were told that it was not complimentary.

The best part of all is that this place forces you to relax. You forget about everything else and you just get to enjoy the moment.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Best Western Rama Inn
Best Western Rama Inn
#1 of 3 in Ephrata
Crescent Bar RV Resort
The Suites at Crescent Bay Resort

Been to Cave B Inn & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!