We stayed here two nights for our honeymoon. The setting is absolutely beautiful with rooms tucked between rows of grape vines and expansive westerly views over the river gorge. It is peaceful, remote, and relaxing with spotty cell service (a negative for some, but exactly what we were looking for). Beds are comfy and breakfast was great. Dinner wasn’t bad either, albeit pricy since this essentially is the only place to eat during your whole stay.
Now for the rest (and why we will not be recommending this place to others anytime soon) – I am just going to provide a bulleted list for simplicity since the list is long:
- The reservation person I spoke with seemed like they wanted to be doing anything
but making a reservation.
- We never received a confirmation, nor information on how to book activities as
- We booked an upper floor room, but upon arrival were checked into a lower floor
(thankfully, this was rectified at the check-in desk).
- There is absolutely no attention to detail or personal touches which seems a bit
absurd for the type of property (and price) Cave B is trying to be….let me
expound….no one came to clean our room or make our bed on the day between our
two nights, the sink handle was loose, the bath handle fell off when turned, the TV
remote control didn’t work, there was a plunger next to the toilet (not a big deal…but
it does leave one to wonder), the carpet felt as if it had never been cleaned or had
one too many dogs stay in the room, and the towels were small and thin – like you
would get at the gym – and the TP was the kind you find at the outhouse at a
- Our key card stopped working the second day, but the bigger concern was the fact
the desk gave me a new card without any sort of ID check – anyone could have
gotten a key to our room!
- And last, but not least, not that we expected special treatment or a room upgrade for
it being our honeymoon, but a simple “congratulations” would have been nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cave B Estate Winery & Resort offers breathtaking views of our own estate vineyards, the Columbia River and the state's most dramatic gorge location. Cave B Resort offers 55 guestrooms, including 15 stand-alone Cliffehouses, 12 Cavern Rooms, three Inn Suites, and 25 Desert Yurts, as well as Tendrils Restaurant, The Spa at Cave B, award-winning Cave B Estate Winery, and a dramatic cliffside outdoor swimming pool. Come for a weekend, a true Washington State vacation, for a romantic getaway, or for a concert next door at the Gorge Amphitheater. Experience outdoor adventure, one of the few estate wineries in Washington State, and a landscape like no other at one of the Northwest's finest resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Cave B Inn & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cave b Inn And Spa
- Cave b Hotel Quincy
- Cave b Quincy