“Great Food With Lovely View”

Salmon House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Quinault
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Modesto, California
“Great Food With Lovely View”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I ate here while staying one night at the Quinalt River Inn. The restaurant was not busy when we arrived, as we had a rather late dinner. Our server was very pleasant and attentive. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and a lovely view of the rolling lawn down to Quinalt Lake. I ordered the blackened salmon and my husband had the chicken cordon bleu. We shared both of our entrees and they were quite good, although I preferred the salmon which was deliciously seasoned. We also had the salad bar with our meals which was fine, but nothing fancy. Our meals came with potatoe and vegetable. We also had a dessert of tuxedo chocolate cake (not house made). All in all, it was a very nice evening with great food in the beautiful location of Quinalt!

• Visited September 2013

Yakima, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Northwest Experience”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just imagine coming in from a cool evening walk in the forest, savoring the pungent scent of damp earth and wet trees to feel the warmth of the fire crackling in the fireplace. You are then seated next to the window that has a breathtaking view of the lake and the mountains at sunset. The menu holds a bounty of well-prepared seafood for your selection... Try the very generous salmon appetizer that was large enough to be classified as a dinner for two and was delicious. Very hospitable, inviting and reasonably priced, Enjoy your visit in Quinault! It is truly a great northwest experience!!

• Visited November 2012
Seattle, WA
“Amazing Sunset View”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a wonderful meal at sunset. Our server, Jen was a delight. My wife had the oysters and I had the grilled salmon. Everything fresh and delicious. Salad bar was very good. The view was looking out over the lake glowing with reds and golds. Even with the government shutdown, the Olympics are a special park not too miss.

• Visited October 2013
Longview, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for date night or taking the family”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

There is not a lot of places to eat when we stayed at Quinault Lodge but I'm glad we ate at this place. I eat a lot of fish so I'm pretty picky but I do have to say the salmon was very good. After reading the great reviews on the chowder we had to try it. This is the best chowder I have ever had! It was sooooo good. Prices are reasonable and you can dress up or go casual. Service was good. My husband left his coat there and we went back the next morning to get it but they were not open until after we had to leave. My husband walked over to the store and the man opened up the restaurant and got him his coat (so thankful).

• Visited November 2012
Seattle
“Eating well in a beautiful scenery”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

In Quinault, they are not a lot of places where you get your money worth of what you get. We really enjoy the quality of the food at Salmon House Restaurant watching a beautiful sunset on the lake. They have not matched the outrageous prices of the Quinault Lodge next door.

• Visited October 2013