“Excellent food, service & setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Roosevelt Room

Roosevelt Room
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Quinault
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In the fall of 1937, President Franklin D. Roosevelt visited Lake Quinault Lodge during a fact-finding trip and enjoyed lunch in the later-named Roosevelt Dining Room. Nine months later, Roosevelt signed a bill creating Olympic National Park. Today you'll enjoy outstanding cuisine in the Roosevelt Dining Room, one of our famous Olympic Peninsula Restaurants, as well as panoramic views of the Lake and the mountains beyond.
Kirkland
“Excellent food, service & setting”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I'm usually disappointed in the food and service in national park restaurants. Lake Quinault Lodge has it all - an amazing location and view, focus on nature, plus a good wine list and high quality food. We really enjoyed using the laminated cards to identify the birds and trees on the property and our waitress helped us with hikes and told us where to find the local Elk herd and more.

We stayed at the lodge and at the Roosevelt Room for every meal during our 3 day stay and the quality of the food and service were consistently good. The menu was diverse and the wine list of high quality at reasonable prices.

Seattle, Washington
“Good food, but a bit Snooty”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We almost ate here for dinner the night before, but almost choked when we saw the menu - the one in our hotel room must have been very out-dated because prices had jumped significantly, and the options had all changed.
We came back for breakfast, however. Prices were what you find in the Big City, but that was expected when you only have one other nice restaurant for miles and miles.
The food was good. I had the benedict, and my husband had the farmer's breakfast. good quality ingredients - no complaints.
The clientele that filled this place to the brim is a bit "upper class". We overheard some interesting conversations, and the whole atmosphere was that of an upturned nose.
All in all, if you want to eat out for breakfast, this is a great option.

“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I stay at the lodge often. Several times this year already.
The food is always good and the staff is regular, meaning they're there from year to year. Which I like.
The dining views of the lake are completely enjoyable.

The breakfast is always great. One day of my visit I have to eat the sweet potato pancakes. They're really good.

The burgers are very good.

The dinner menu items are expensive. And not always worth what they want for them.

They need to work on that.
All in all I love it though, preferring dining breakfast and lunch over dinner.

Houston
“A little overpriced”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This restaurant seemed a little overpriced compared to the other restaurants in the ONP lodges; however, the food was pretty good. We had the calamari appetizer which is served in salad greens with a very flavorful dressing. It was not the usual calamari appetizer and I enjoyed it. I had the crab cakes for dinner and they were also nicely prepared. My husband had the salmon and he thought it was okay. He might have enjoyed it a lot more if it was $6-10 cheaper. For dessert we had the marionberry cobbler. It was also good. We drank water with our meal and although I don't remember the exact price, I know the final bill before tip was around $110.

Seattle, Washington
“New Menu”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Have to try the restauraunt now!!! They just relased a new menu its amazing :). I would go back just to for the restaurant.

• Visited June 2014