“Elegant and Rustic at the same time”
Review of Roosevelt Room

Roosevelt Room
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Quinault
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In the fall of 1937, President Franklin D. Roosevelt visited Lake Quinault Lodge during a fact-finding trip and enjoyed lunch in the later-named Roosevelt Dining Room. Nine months later, Roosevelt signed a bill creating Olympic National Park. Today you'll enjoy outstanding cuisine in the Roosevelt Dining Room, one of our famous Olympic Peninsula Restaurants, as well as panoramic views of the Lake and the mountains beyond.
Redmond, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Elegant and Rustic at the same time”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We enjoyed it, the view was great, service fine, atmosphere cozy. The food left something to be desired.

Visited November 2013

Arlington, Virginia, United States
“Tasted good even with a bad cold”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was really looking forward to dining here, because my travel guide (Lonely Planet) and all the websites said it was wonderful. We were only staying at the Lodge one night, so I booked this ahead to make sure we got in. However, the night we dined there, I had come down with a terrible cold, and was having a hard time tasting anything!
So I chugged my Dayquil before dinner, and the aromas of the food started opening my sinuses a bit, and I was able to taste the fabulous meal. I highly recommend the salmon--I mean, you're in the Pacific Northwest, right? And they do the salmon there brilliantly. The service was wonderful--all the people that work there are very nice. And you can't beat the view of that glorious lake!

• Visited August 2013
London, UK
“Does not quite live up to ambitious menu and prices”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The setting is beautiful - but the food did not quite live up to the somewhat pretentious menu and steep prices. Some lovely seafood choices on the menu, plus good options for the children. Portion sizes were generous but quality was OK, rather than special - the salmon was a bit dry, scallops were juicy but drowning in butter. Service was equally OK - we were left standing for 5 minutes before anyone even acknowledged our presence, while staff were scrambling around setting up tables. When they did make contact, they were lovely - a bit over eager at times, plates whipped away as soon as you were finished (while others were still enjoying the course).

Visited October 2013
1 Thank SaKi_London
Olympia, Washington
“A gourmand would recognize quality, and would LOVE this superb restaurant!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have eaten in restaurants in Europe - Germany, Austria, Spain, France - and in South America, Asia and Canada - and the USA. Without question this meal was without peer. Ribeye was perfect, Crème brûlée was as good, I believe better than ANY made in France!! We totally enjoyed our dinner, the view, the atmosphere and the superior attention to detail of the entire staff. Cost? Perfluffle ... one gets what one pays for, and obviously SOME 'reviewers' favorite places to eat are Mc Places, wouldn't recognize quality if/when it stares them in the face.

Meals for two? Consistently - they were less than $30.00 (yes, we had more than just one meal during our two days here including a breakfast that was magnifique).

This location and restaurant are historically significant and there is no where else within a hundred miles that could compare. HIGHLY Recommended~~~~~

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank SBruce J
Cincinnati, OH
“House-Made Sweet Potato Pancakes with Hazelnut Butter: Yum!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We ate here for dinner and breakfast while staying at the Lake Quinault Lodge. Dinner was good; I had the crab cakes and my husband had the burger. We split a bowl of clam chowder that was delicious and loaded with clams. But the real standout was the breakfast: we had the house-made sweet potato pancakes with hazelnut butter. The hazelnut butter on the pancakes was so delicious that we didn't even need syrup. Service was good, and we enjoyed the lake view at breakfast.

• Visited September 2013