“Lake Crescent, WA - Loved Log Cabin Resort”

Lake Quinault Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Quinault
GreenLeadersGold level
Briarwood, New York
“Lake Crescent, WA - Loved Log Cabin Resort”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I love meeting nice people, but also like our privacy. We love hiking and also just sitting and watching nature. We prefer casual, low-key places, so Log Cabin Resort was perfect. We don't like fancy, so we liked the somewhat rustic, camp-like atmosphere. The staff were wonderful. They don't have their license for a grill yet, so the menu was limited, but the BLT sandwich was delicious. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Lodge Rooms 2, 3, or 4 have refrigerators, microwaves. You can lie in bed and look our on serene sce...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (645)
Shelton, Washington, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were delighted to find this charming Lodge conveniently situated for our honeymoon tour of the Olympic Peninsula's beautiful rain forests, mountains and beaches. We appreciated that the interior finish, fixtures and decor were very much in keeping with the architectural style of the era in which it was built.

We were treated very well by the staff in the Roosevelt dining room and enjoyed sumptuous breakfasts while gazing out at the mist-shrouded lake and being entertained by adventuresome squirrels outside the window..

We enjoyed the notion that guests come here from all over the world to enjoy both the majestic scenery of Western Washington and your comfortable and stylish accommodations.

Our loop tour of the hikes through the forests, mountains and beaches of my native Olympic Peninsula was made more pleasant by our stay Lake Quinault Lodge.

We're very glad to have selected this destination for our honeymoon.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, there is no need to try to choose the best one. The lake view rooms cost mo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodside, California
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Wonderful ambiance, beautiful setting, gorgeous lake vistas, pleasant hiking trails, family fun, superb staff service, excellent rooms/views, delicious dining, multiple ways to relax...well, you get the picture. If you are on the Olympic Peninsula, do not miss Lake Quinault Lodge!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This Lodge was beautiful! So quiet out back on the large lawn. Great for playing Frisbee, horseshoes, or just lounging around. Then there are trails all over this area. The rooms have beautiful views of the lake. And there is a Starbucks in the lodge! The lounge area of the lodge has a wonderful fireplace you can play board games by. My son was thrilled they had a game room and swimming pool! We all loved it!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Aloha_Jess
Show Low, AZ
Reviewed June 30, 2012

While traveling through WA we went off on a side trek to see a special tree in the Quinault Rain forest. To our surprise and good fortune we discovered the lodge, and they had vacancies for that night. We stayed in the outer part of the property, not the lodge itself, but this was preferable with small children anyway. It was a simple room, but gave one the feeling of sleeping in a tree. The amenities and restaurant at the property were wonderful too, but nothing could compare to the magnificent trails through the rain forest right across the street from the lodge.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Lake Quinault Lodge was fabulous--the setting, the lodge and boathouse accomodations, and the variety of things to do (hiking, boating, fishing, sight-seeing, picture-taking, and just lots of relaxing in a gorgeous place). It was also good to have a general mercantile right across the street from the Lodge, complete with books by local authors, and locally-made clothing and merchandise to buy, a diner with large windows, and very friendly locals working there to get a sense of the place and not just of the Lodge and the Aramark employees. I absolutely loved my non-lake-view boathouse room despite the non-lake-views. The surrounding, must be 10-12 feet wide, veranda with a plethera of weathered by very sturdy wooden adirondack chairs and tables and the see-through roof covering, along with the generous plantings of flowering bushes and well-kept flower beds, made it seem like I was staying in a very big greenhouse. It was very relaxing.

However, the rooms don't have refrigerators or microwaves--come on Aramark, these items are ESSENTIALS in cheap motor-lodges, so why not in a nice relaxing real Lodge? What gives?? I knew this in advance--since I called the Lodge (very hard to find a phone number for the Lodge itself, but somehow I found one) and verified my reservations through the website and asked lots of questions. I brought a cooler with my own food, but without a microwave, it was hard to eat full meals in my room.

Since I was not necessarily trying to eat all my meals in the room, I did want to savor what was sure to be spectacular cuisine in such a lovely place at the Roosevelt Restaurant in the Lodge and be around other guests, but I was very dismayed with the quality of the food. Next time I'm bringing a plug-in cooler and a mini-microwave (why can't they at least have one in a central location that people can use, like where they keep the ice?). I will also spend more of my eating time either at the Mercantile cafe/diner or at the Salmon House restaurant up the road from the Lodge (which by the way is at the east end of the lake with very nice views from the restaurant, I did not eat there but the prices were comparable to those at the Lodge and I'll bet their salmon is tasting, but I don't know).

One last thing--I brought my own kayak because the Lodge only 'allows' use of their kayaks from 10am to 4pm, and while I was there the best times to kayak ended up being after 6pm at night when the sun came out and the lake turned to glass. Also, they don't advertise this at all, you have to purchase a permit from a store away from the Lodge to use your own boat on the lake since the lake is governed by the Quinault Indian Tribe. I ignored that and used my boat anyway, so did other guests--the Lodge should really make an agreement with the Tribe so their guests can use any boat they want on the lake (I won't bring mine next time then, darnit). I kept getting the runaround for what kind of permit really was required and how much it would be--can't the employees of the Lodge have a bit better information to tell their guests? I expect the Lodge (employees) to be my CENTER of knowledge of the entire area, not just of their Lodge.

The adjacent Forest and Park Service offices personnel were extremely helpful and their offices were open during the weekends as well as the week--from 9am I think to 4pm each day.

Yes, I will go back again--but a bit more prepared.

Room Tip: Boathouse rooms are great, even the non-lake-view rooms. I got a 15% discount for staying in June (2...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Swan55
Port Angeles, Washington
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I'm a very experienced traveler and I had a fabulous experience on the Rain Forest Walk. Mary is the guide and she is exceptional. She knows the rainforest, and l mean literally. She knows and loves every single growing green thing, and even the slugs. She has a big smile and a playful, happy way of telling the story of the rain firest and it's major players. Don't miss this! If it is raining, go anyway. The rainforest is even more beautiful when it is raining.

Also don't miss the Banana's Foster dessert in the dining room. The best in the world! Ask them to substitute their banana/nut ice cream for the usual vanilla. It's enough to share if you are so inclined; they'll be happy to bring two spoons.

Room Tip: Although there is a lovely view from the lakeside rooms in the main lodge, one wasn't available...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alice R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quinault
Hi-Tide Ocean Beach Resort
Rain Forest Resort Village
Ocean Crest Resort
Ocean Crest Resort
#3 of 3 in Moclips

Been to Lake Quinault Lodge? Share your experiences!