“Still Wonderful”

Lake Quinault Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Quinault
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We love the Lodge. Just returned from our third visit this year, and I look forward to returning next year.

This time we got to stay in the Main Lodge for the first time (previously we've stayed in the Fireplace Rooms and the Boathouse) and it was a nice change of pace. Our room, a lake facing queen was lovely with a very nice bathroom with clawfoot tub and shower. Note the main lodge rooms DO NOT have TV, while the Fireplace rooms DO. All rooms seem to have comfortable beds, nice sheets, and are quite clean (major clean-o-phobe here!) No phones and no room service.... it wouldn't take much to make this a 3-4 star property with those types of things, but it isn't so don't expect that kind of stuff. No spa either.

This really is the quintessential National Park Lodge (although it's actually not in the National Park it IS publicly owned by the National Forest Service and run just like a NPS lodge by a concessioner, Aramark, who also runs the Olympic National Park facilities and and they do a good job here). The Lodge feels very well maintained and they (Aramark) are always updating it while maintaining its historic character...

The entire lodge now has free WiFi and it worked great. Food in the dining room was fine but I still recommend the Salmon House up the road a mile for fantastic, lower cost dining. We're from Seattle and know what good Salmon tastes like - the Salmon House has some of the very best!!!

The extra warm indoor pool was wonderful as ever, and even though it rained we got in some fantastic hikes amongst the giant ancient trees.

Thanks for another wonderful stay Lake Quinault staff!

Room Tip: The Fireplace rooms are the nicest - especially the ones on the 2nd floor as they are quieter, have...

Reviewed October 23, 2011

We stayed here the week of October 17; we had a "best of house" room (they called it that and we agreed!) with a firepace and a beautirful view of the lake. The room was large and comfortable with a small deck with chairs. We went to dinner in the Roosevelt Room and enjoyed a ribeye and salmon - the food was as good as we'd read it would be. Enjoyed a bottle of their award winning red wine as well. Checkin and checkout were a breeze, all our questions were answered quickly and everyone was more than friendly. I only regret we didn't stay an additional night. We had no complaints. When you think of the quintessential lodge - this is it.

Room Tip: Next time we'll stay in the boathouse!
1  Thank rowerdeb
Reviewed October 20, 2011

My wife and I came to visit for her birthday weekend recently. We checked in on Friday October 14, 2011 and checked out Sunday October 16, 2011. On our way from the northern Seattle area we decided to take the Edmonds to Kingston ferry and make a couple of stops on our way at Port Angeles and Forks/LaPush. The sites along the way were excellent with mountains and rain forest and beautiful beaches. I found driving past Lake Crescent to be quite a site.

We chose to stay at Lake Quinault Lodge for this trip because of the location. We wanted to visit the Olympic National Park, stay on a lake, and go hiking on nearby trails. The Lodge offered all of these things. Because we planned on hiking and staying a few days, I decided to purchase some food from our local Trader Joe's. Upon arriving at the Lodge, we were tired from the day of driving and decided to eat at the Lodge restaurant. The food was excellent, I had the clam chowder (maybe the best I've ever had), and my wife had some sort of seafood Alfredo pasta. The prices were slightly steep but reasonable. When we went back to our room, I went to put our food in the fridge but I found that there was not one. Luckily we had a cooler backpack and dumped ice into. We stayed in one of the Lakeside rooms. I don't know if the other rooms have fridges but if you don't want to spend all of your money on food at the restaurant, i suggest checking on the other rooms for fridges first.

During our stay the weather was perfect. Sunny blue skies and a beautiful lake. There are many easy, moderate, and difficult hikes nearby with sites of rivers, waterfalls, and wildlife. I would definitely recommend visiting this location.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms are close to the water but may have trees in the way. Also, the first floor can have...
1  Thank Matthew P
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Drove by a month earlier on a return trip from Makah, and decided I had to come back and stay--I did! My self-reward for shedding 35lbs. What a great place to stay, the view was wonderful from my lakeside room, and it was just a short walk to the main lodge and the Roosevelt Room. The desk help was super, she had answers about the lodge and surrounding area, also suggesting things to see and do. I would come back here in a New York heart beat and bring friends too! I'm already planning another trip in November with one of my daughters, minus another 15lbs., I love those self-rewards, :)

Room Tip: Lower floor lakeside rooms have wonderful views. Lovely lodge interior, commons and Roosevelt Room
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We take an annual auntimn trip to Quinault every year. This was our third year as well as our honeymoon. We were so tired after all our wedding madness and this was the perfect place to rest and revitalize ourselves.
We have stayed in both the boathouse and the lakeside rooms. I recomend the lakeside rooms, they are warm, clean and quiet. The first floor rooms seem to have the best lake views since the top floors are higher up in the trees.
The food at the lodge is the best Quinault has to offer and worth every penny. Aramark does a great job of trucking in fresh, quality food and they prepare it very well. We have never been dissapointed with any of our meals at the lodge. In fact we often think back fondly at our yummy breakfast with the view of the lake and the blue jays playing on the lawn.
It is a great spot for early or late season hiking. A warm room and shower to come back to after a day hike . We always see large animals, elk, bear, raccons. We love Quinault!

Room Tip: 1st floor lakeside rooms have a great view and no ramps to walk up. No elevators. Boathouse rooms ar...
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I wasnt overly impressed with our stay at the Quinault Lodge or our dinning experience at the Lodge.

We stayed in the boathouse.
Our room was VERY small- no TV. Shower was soo small I could barely turn sideways. We could hear every word and movement of the family in the room next door.

Our dinning experience was absolutely horrible. The prices were high and the service was awful. I had to get up and find our waiter to ask for more water. We felt the overall mood, service and quality of lodge dinning was not worth the money.

I would not recommend to travelers. Had the price of our room or dinning been lower I may recommend but not worth it.

Room Tip: NOT the Boathouse.
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We strolled up to this lodge very late at night, and we where welcomed with open arms at 2AM. The guy behind the desk was very pollite and offered to help with the bags up stairs. The room was excellent, and very clean and comfortable. The view in the morning was beautiful of the lake and all the greenery.
Breakfeast in the lodge was a 10 the view of the grass and bird feeders watching the blue jays eat there food was fun.
There wher so many wonderful hike that we did there. We really love the waterfalls.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quinault
Hi-Tide Ocean Beach Resort
Moonstone Beach Motel
Moonstone Beach Motel
#1 of 3 in Moclips
Rain Forest Resort Village
Ocean Crest Resort
Ocean Crest Resort
#2 of 3 in Moclips

Been to Lake Quinault Lodge? Share your experiences!