“Good food, dirty atmosphere”
Review of The Hangar Inn

The Hangar Inn
Ranked #55 of 274 Restaurants in Puyallup
Reviewed July 8, 2012

A regular for people who like to watch the airplanes land and take off. Typical diner place, needs new carpeting, and how hard is it to have staff clean windows??? Food is average.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My son likes to come here for the airstrip activity. It's fun for him to watch the planes come and go as he eats. The service tends to be a bit on the slow side. It seems to always be busy - less so on dark and rainy days. The food is OK. Generous portions, but tends to be a bit on the pricey side for what it is. It's an older building; not great for wheelchair accessibility, but certainly not the worst we've seen either. In spite of anything bad I've written, we would still come back.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is a nice place to go if you want to enjoy some scenery while eating. The menu is has A LOT to offer. They serve breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is never too busy whenever I've gone and I've been there a lot over the years. Very casual atmosphere. The waitress was casual but friendly. The food is only average to me. They do have LARGE portion sizes, so you won't need to worry about leaving hungry. As you dine you can see planes coming and going from a little airstrip. I think a lot of older people go there. Don't go if you have a little time as it can take quite a while to receive your food. I think they have better breakfast items than the lunch or dinner offerings. The taco omelete is really good.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Even though I've lived in Puyallup 15 years, we had never been here. On a sunny day eating breakfast on the deck watching the small planes take off and land with Mt Rainier as a back drop, I couldn't help but smile.
If, however, it was anywhere else I'm not sure the prices would match up to the food, the service, or the restaurant. The food is good, portions generous, but it's not really the kind of restaurant you expect to find breakfast for $12 a plate. That being said, my husband and I like to dine for the full experience and so we will come here again at $12 a plate because sitting on the deck in the sun watching the mountain and the planes was worth the extra couple of bucks for us. Next time, though, we are thinking nachos, the table next to us had them and they were HUGE and looked great!

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Mom and pop atmosphere, LARGE portions, great good. Service tends a bit slow, but usually quite nice. Love going for weekend brunch with the family.

Been to The Hangar Inn? Share your experiences!