“Go To place for Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Washington
“Go To place for Thai”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is my go to place for Thai food in Puyallup. They have consistently good food. The service is always fast. I usually call ahead for take out and it ready when I arrive. They are also great at making the food spicy, which I love. Some places skimp on the heat, but not this place. The fresh rolls are great and you can get them with prawns or tofu. The staff is friendly and seem to remember me from prior times.

Good Thai food in Puyallup!

• Visited July 2013

“Good quick lunch”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Liked the atmosphere, got wide noddle's with pork and broccoli. Very fast service which is great for lunch. Was very busy while I was there. The only improvement I would suggest is a tad lower prices and chili paste on the tables. :)

• Visited August 2013
Cincinn
“Excellent, fresh taste-- the perfect post Mt. Ranier Hiking Meal”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our hungry family—one of whom does not like Thai food—descended on Ayothaya out of post hike starvation (it is ~1 hr from where we hiked). It was an excellent choice! For the non-Thai food lover, the server asked what type of seasonings could be changed—the result was a non-ginger, less sweet (Mama Phad) dish that was perfect. That extra effort was very appreciated. The rest of the family thoroughly enjoyed their food—including fried tofu as a starter (great peanut sauce!), Pad Thai (very fresh), Kee Mao (with tofu), Phad Kee Mao, and Golden Noodles (…which were super wide, very tasty noodles with veggies). All was quickly prepared and very fresh. The server was friendly and quick with water refills (all the weary hikers appreciated that).

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MnAadventures
Puyallup
“Not the best”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I realize that food reviews are very subjective and "good flavor" is all in the eye of the beholder, so to speak.

I've lived in Puyallup for a number of years and ate here for the first time yesterday and everybody in town says it's the best Thai food. I think not and here's why. I ordered my food "water sauteed" for a number of reasons. I don't like my food slathered in oil and I like to taste the flavors of the vegetables. Plus doing this requires the cook to make the food to order. Some of the vegetables in my dish were cold. This would lead me to the conclusion that they are partially cooked prior to what the menu says is "fast stir frying at high temperature". There's no other way that the carrots would still be soft but yet cold.

Most dishes can be made "vegetarian" but I did note that one dish that was "all vegetables" did contain oyster sauce. I guess my idea of vegetarian and theirs is different.

I ordered my dish at 2 stars for spiciness. I have never had, on a scale of 1 to 5 stars, a dish at 2 stars that is so spicy you can't taste anything else!

The fresh spring rolls are fairly flavorless and are obviously pre-made and they weren't "fresh." Rather dry, actually.

As the tables filled up, it was virtually impossible to hear conversation occurring right at our table.

It's not the best restaurant and not the worst either. It worked okay for meeting a friend in the area but I probably would choose Chili Thai next time for that vicinity, or trek about 7 miles south on Meridian to go to Thai Mekong which are both much better.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank fstfingers
Seattle WA
“Reliable and delicious evert time.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We do take out or dine in about once a month and the food is outstanding. In all honesty we don't deviate our choices much. The red or Ayotaya curry with brown rice is to die for. Love the Prik King with beef and the pineapple rice. Much better than the other Thai restaurants in town.

Been to Ayothaya Thai Cuisine? Share your experiences!