Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
$116
Hotels.com
$81
QualityInn
All reviewsbest westernskeurig coffee makereggsparking lotcookiesnice hotelbaconbed was comfortableoatmealking roomwashington state fairgreat breakfastfresh fruithot tubshopping mallfront desk staffeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Hits:
Easy and polite check in late at night
Easy parking
Quiet room
Good a/c
Comfortable bed
Fair rate
Misses:
Breakfast (about what you'd expect from this hotel class, not as good as a Residence Inn)
Bathroom (WC) was small and pretty close to the room door.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tonybruin92
Reviewed March 16, 2011

When we drove up to the Park Plaza we were a bit concerned when we saw some construction going on outside...but once we entered the hotel we were delighted! A very classic interior - reminiscent of early American design. The front desk helped us find the perfect room - larger rooms than most, very clean, with a refrigerator, microwave and Kurig Coffee maker in every room.

The hotel offered a free breakfast, with hot offerings as well as the expected continental fare. The coffee is fresh every morning and replenished all day, with hot cookies offered all day. On Tuesday evenings there is free soup and crackers and a Managers reception on Thursdays.
Every room also has a DVD player and quite a selection of current Free DVD's available to check out at the front desk.
We stayed 3 nights and wish every hotel we stayed at were this nice and enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of days, and were impressed with everything. The hotel is exceptionally CLEAN, and the staff are very friendly. Breakfast is included, and there is lots of parking. I would recommend this hotel, and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I spent a lot of time deciding which hotel I wanted to stay at before selecting the Best Western. In the end it was a toss up between the Best Western and the Holiday Inn Express and I found a better rate for the Best Western and am so glad I did.

I really, really enjoyed my stay. When I booked it I thought it would be another hotel where you have to pay for anything extra and the room wouldn't be very special but I was really surprised when I got there. The staff who checked me in was very friendly and there were at least 2 people at the desk so even though one was busy I didn't have to wait at all and you could tell that they were happy to be there.

But ultimately I was really impressed with all the complementary extras. For example: free cookies and gourmet coffee bar 24-7; free amazing breakfast buffet (they even had the light and fit yogart) which included fruit, waffles, eggs, juice, etc (and there was actually someone there keeping everything in stock); free in room computer with internet (although I admit I had some trouble getting it to work); free access to the Bally fitness center across the street; free DVD movies at the front desk; free soup etc on some evenings.

Plus the room was just nice. The king bed was huge and super comfy and everything was very clean. I wish I could get my sheets at home to smell so fresh. The carpet was clean too and look pretty new although there was some tearing at one of the carpet seams. The in room tv was a good size and a flat screen. I also loved having both the min-fridge (which was empty so I could fill it up with all my stuff) and the microwave. The art was actually tastefull and the alarm clock also functioned as a sleep sound machine, which I really enjoyed.

I was also really pleased with the location which was just minutes away from the fair grounds where my event was. Which was very important to me since I had to be there for an event early in the morning and didn't want to drive any futher than I had too. Plus, there was a Subway almost next door so it made it really easy to buy my lunch for the next day and keep it cold in the mini-fridge in my hotel room.

I would definitly recommend this hotel and will be staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank stargirl2254
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This hotel was a little hard to find. It was clean, but the carpet was old with stains. Our room was a little dusty, and we had problems with the "free use of the in room computer"!!!! We also had a problem with one of the rooms telephones, but they promptly took care of the problem when I made them aware of it. The price was pretty steep, but I know that was because we went during the end of the Puyallup Fair to see the Heart concert. The free continental breakfast was awesome! Would have been nice if the pool was heated.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple