“Favorite in the area! Delicious menu!”
Review of Hungry Goose Bistro & Boutique - CLOSED

Hungry Goose Bistro & Boutique
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Hungry Goose, aka HG, is one of my favorites. My fiancee and I stop here all the time, and I highly recommend it. It's not a big place, but it has a good ambiance. The menu is wonderful, and the wine list is extensive. The Kobe beef burger (medium-rare) on a pretzel bun, which I get with gorgonzola and mushrooms, is legitimately the best burger I've ever had!!! And the salted caramel ice cream...I still get cravings. They also have a really great bar menu and happy hour. However, the live musicians (mostly solo jazz artists), who they feature on the weekends, can be a little too loud for my tastes, considering that the bar/lounge area is relatively small. Granted, they're always very talented, but if you're hoping for more conversation over your dinner, I'd suggest sitting in the restaurant area instead. You can still hear the music there, it's just quieter. Overall, if you haven't tried it yet, you really must!

1  Thank Shannon B

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The food and wine are top shelf. It s a nice place to wind down on Friday's and Saturday's .Also, I've had business meetings here as well. The staff took the time to explain how different wines go with their dishes. In short: They make you feel comfortable. The nightly Jazz goes well with the ambiance.

1  Thank okc1024
Reviewed November 18, 2012

It's been a couple of years but my mom and three sisters went there to celebrate birthdays and it took so long for anyway to wait on us and to bring us a glass of wine so we got up and left. Yep. That bad! We ended up going down the street to Toscanos. I would give them another try but would do the same thing if it was a repeat!

1  Thank lue22
Reviewed November 16, 2012

A great place for a business lunch. The food is ample and well prepared. They have jazz at night and a well stocked wine bar.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was staying in Puyallup at the best western and the girl at he front desk recommended hg! It was a cool night. Not to fancy but nice. It seemed like a local trendy place. Hey had a nice bar scene with a singer playing guitar. Very nice.

The only negative was the service was a bit slow. The girl was nice but I think she had too many tables.

We started out with some nice local beers and everyone ordered the baseball steak. It was very good. If you never had one it s basically a steak in the shape of a small ball. The vegetable was asparagus and it came with a nice potato side.

Overall a nice place for a casual dinner or a date.