“I really love their steak!”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #33 of 266 Restaurants in Puyallup
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I really enjoy the flavor and tenderness of their steak, it is what keeps me coming back. However, my mom has been with me for the past two times I've gone and her steak was very tough and fatty. Of course they ALWAYS give her a new steak and when they bring it back out they include the sides she ordered as well. They have EXCELLENT customer serivce. They always right the wrongs. On the downside, the kids menu can be pricey depending on what you get, but you do get plenty of food for the price. They now offer two ways of cooking your steak: the traditional and wood fired. I prefer the traditional as the wood fired just doesn't taste right to me.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Food is very good there, service is usually good but not always. Good sized portions, cooked to your order and it comes out perfect. Blooming onions are great unless it's busy then they are overdone. Good selections to fit all budgets, from $10 up to $30. Even the lower priced ones are very good. Drinks are mixed well never too strong never too weak, I like the accuracy of the bartenders. Been there many times and never unhappy.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Read some of the other posts and agree with the poor service and food. We arrived on a Sunday night around 5:45PM Used the call ahead seating option and was told over the phone that "We don't do that unless there is a wait and right now there isn't one" She took my name anyways and when we arrived we weere suprised to see 4 other families sitting in the front area waiting for a table. Looked around the place and could see a number of tables that were open but dirty. No sense of urgency from the bus staff to clean them off either. Finally got seated and things just went down hill from there. Waited quite a while for server to come by, when she did, she took our drink order and went away. Came back with only one water and one drink and said she'd be back for the other. Came back with the other drink but no water. We had to ask about 3 times to get the other glass of water. Ordered food and it took what seemed like forever to get it. We like to take our time when we go out ot dinner but this was a little odd for a chain restaurant to be so slow and ineffective. Received our food and it was like it was taken our of a frozen dinner pacakage and reheated. Portion size was a joke. I'm not one for absolute huge portions but this was just ridiculous for the prices they charge. My wifes meal was not prepared properly and the mixed veggies were like eating minature trees. All in all it was a bad experience and we will not be going back to outback again. Plenty of other options in the local area to eat at.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

We frequent Outback Steak House when we travel. It met our expectations and was delicious as always.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stopped for dinner after picking my sister up from doing the 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk. Obviously she was hungry and tired and in no mood to wait for us to cook dinner. So since we have never been to Outback we thought it was the perfect time to try...Wrong! It was a Sunday around 7pm and the place was not busy at all. There was only 4 of us and we could see several tables that were open and a few that needed to be cleaned off. Instead of being seated right away we waited for 15 min. (During this time there were 3 girls, all employees of Outback standing around the hostess table laughing and talking away while we waited). I'm not sure why they couldn't pick up a rag and clean a table or just sit us in one of the tables that were open (that will remain a mystery). When we finally sat down we were ready to order since we had extra time to look over the menu while waiting to be seated. Unfortunately it took another 10 min. for the waitress to come by and she quickly only wanted our drink orders. Once we ordered our drinks she quickly tried walking away, I stopped her to let her know that we are ready to order. BTW did I mention that it was not busy! We ordered and then another 15 min. later she came back to let us know that they were out of baked potatoes, shrimp, and the smaller rib eye steaks (that my sister ordered). We all had to change our choices. When we finally got our food (25 min. later but felt like an hour) it was a joke. I got the steak and chicken breast combo (orignally ordered the Shrimp on the Barbie but they were out). I think they must have given me a Cornish Game Hen Breast as this thing was tiny. I am not joking when I say that this was maybe 3 inches long and about 1/2 inch thick. My sister thinks they filet the breast and only gave me half because they were probably running out of them also. The steak was a little over 2 inches in diameter and over cooked (I ate the beef jerky as I was hungry and didn't know how long it would take if I sent it back). By no means am I looking for a Costco chicken breast or a side of cow, just enough food to match the price. Overall our bill was over $120 for 4 people and we all left hungry. You're better off picking up take out from KFC and renting Crocodile Dundee.

2  Thank mrcruz23

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!