“I once had an omelet the size of my head....”

The Original Pancake House
Ranked #17 of 266 Restaurants in Puyallup
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We expected the restaurant on the main arterial between civilization and Mt. Rainier National Park to be jam packed Memorial Day, but we managed to get in before folks woke up. Only a few families with small children were spread out around the place, and there was a happy hush of flapjack feeding going on. I had coffee with real cream, served in a real cup (not a mug!) and saucer within minutes, and our servers were clocked at regular 4-minute visits with either ice water or hot coffee. I ordered a Bacon and Aged Sharp Cheddar Cheese Omelet with a side of the House pancakes and was surprised when the 4-egg monster arrived, unadorned, in front of me. WOW! It was BIG! The difference is whipping the eggs as opposed to just irritating them before they are cooked, as I have had 3- and 4-egg omelets elsewhere where the eggs were poured onto the hot grill and let spread paper thin before being coaxed around their various fillings. Not here, though. The large fold of fluffy eggs held a generous portion of sharp white cheddar which was entirely melted around the chunks of chewy, savory bacon. Ahhh. The place was filling up as we were leaving, but we will return. The menu includes a wide selection of pancakes which can be served in gluten-free versions (blueberry, pecan and granola have been tasted by yours truly and were truly worth the effort). The staff can be rushed by the crowds, but any place that is so family-friendly usually is. Tip the staff generously and smile on your way out. It's a very nice place to eat.

3  Thank J S

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Portions are huge. Service is OK. Very crowded on Sunday mornings. Try the hash. It is delicious. Anyone who tries the has is converted.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

my family lives in Eatonville and took me to breakfast here during a recent trip there.(it was their first time and prob their last) the service was mediocre, waiter seemed preocupied with something other than the job at hand. if you wanted a meat product with your food it was very expensive. Pancakes had a weird taste. and the "homemade" biscuits for the biscuits and gravy seemed old. and the decor of the building was missing something. just felt sterile.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently visited The Original Pancake House twice within a month, my experience was the same each time. Although the pancakes we ordered, as well as the hash browns, were very delicious, I have questions as to the service. First, the waitstaff were over several times to get our order - but once we got our food, we never saw them again. Until we were done and ready for the bill.

Second, although the waitstaff were eager to get us coffee right away, it took some time to get Sweet 'n Low brought to us. I would think each table would have those supplies at the table at all times.

I always assumed a place called Pancake House to have a lot of syrups to try, but we only had the option of one - maple. Pretty plain really. How about different flavors to try? I know they're out there.

So, basically, the food was OK. Service was a little less than desirable. The atmosphere was non-existent (it's at the corner of an older strip mall). Not their fault, I know, but still we have to sit there looking at the parking lot or traffic going by.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Came here 2 times for breakfast on a recent visit to fanliy. The pancakes, bacon and coffee are great! Eggs were greasy and french Toast was rather pale and anemic. Good breakfast.

1  Thank Christi C