“Good pancakes, mediocre service”

The Original Pancake House
Ranked #17 of 266 Restaurants in Puyallup
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently visited The Original Pancake House twice within a month, my experience was the same each time. Although the pancakes we ordered, as well as the hash browns, were very delicious, I have questions as to the service. First, the waitstaff were over several times to get our order - but once we got our food, we never saw them again. Until we were done and ready for the bill.

Second, although the waitstaff were eager to get us coffee right away, it took some time to get Sweet 'n Low brought to us. I would think each table would have those supplies at the table at all times.

I always assumed a place called Pancake House to have a lot of syrups to try, but we only had the option of one - maple. Pretty plain really. How about different flavors to try? I know they're out there.

So, basically, the food was OK. Service was a little less than desirable. The atmosphere was non-existent (it's at the corner of an older strip mall). Not their fault, I know, but still we have to sit there looking at the parking lot or traffic going by.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Came here 2 times for breakfast on a recent visit to fanliy. The pancakes, bacon and coffee are great! Eggs were greasy and french Toast was rather pale and anemic. Good breakfast.

1  Thank Christi C
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Midweek is a great time to come for quiet relaxing breakfast, but Saturday is where the excitement is. With a short 20 minute wait which flies by, you are sitted in a large dinning area. A little loud with families and chatter but a great place to come for breakfast. Mom likes the strawberry crepes with fresh strawberries. Huge portions of lingenberries and pancakes which would make Dr Oz proud. Or me-a basic scramble eggs and hash browns type. But today I ordered an omelette with cheese and HB. The coffee is one of the best says mom and it never empties So come to the Original pancake house you won't be disappointed.