“This is the coolest little place to hang out for an afternoon lunch and drinks”
Review of Twisted Kilt

Twisted Kilt
Ranked #155 of 266 Restaurants in Puyallup
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I really enjoy this place..its not a huge place...limited room actually, but it has such a relaxed atmosphere, the staff are always friendly and the service is fantastic. the Food is great. The variety of beer always a good thing....and the mixed drinks are good too...Check it out.....I think you will enjoy it....and its right in the middle of downtown Puyallup...a nice walk around the little town then have a bite and a drink.....

Reviewed January 30, 2012

If you like corned beef sandwiches then you will be in heaven. My mother ordered a corned beef sandwich and it was fresh corned beef pile several inches deep on marbled rye. The meat wasn't your think deli sliced meat, it was the true brisket that had been chucked for the sandwich. I had the Irish meat balls and that was another awsome choice.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I paid my third visit to downtown Puyallup's Twisted Kilt Pub tonight. My first two visits have been business lunches, so no drinks. The first time I ordered the BBB burger (bacon, blue cheese, etc.), which was fantastic, so that's what I ordered the second time too.

Tonight I thought I'd branch out. I ordered shepherd's pie, and also tasted my wife's fish & chips, and my son's reuben. All three dishes were excellent. Shepherd's pie was the best I've ever had.

From the bar, we tried a black & tan (they did a very nice job pouring that), Irish Red Death (which I really enjoy), and a new bottle of Guinness Black Lager (can't go wrong with Guiness). All quite acceptable.

The service was friendly and decent. Our only complaint was atmosphere. At other Irish pubs I've enjoyed authentic Irish music and decor. This was a little too sports bar-ish, and no Irish music. We had also hoped for a bluegrass band which was supposed to be there tonight, but fell through for some reason.

But overall, it was a pleasant experience, and I'll definitely be back a fourth time, the good Lord a'willin.

2  Thank shortsinwoods
Reviewed January 14, 2012

i went in not too long after they opened so maybe thats why it wasnt so great. The food was excellent and so were the drinks. the service is the problem. I went in twice in the same week and each time, the bartender didnt know how to make drinks and when you ask for something you get it 20 minutes later. Our server kept saying "ok i'm going home now, ok i'm going home now" like she wanted us to cash out to tip her and then start a new tab. Its a soccer bar, but they show all sports. Everyone is very pleasant. I would just hope the staff has gotten it together.

Been to Twisted Kilt? Share your experiences!