“Great Hotel!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here on business in Olympia. The hotel is quite far from where I was working, but it didn't bother me. I really enjoyed the hotel, the staff, and the food. The rooms are big and quiet. The bed was also just perfect...I'm very particular about my bed, so I was so happy to get a good night's sleep. I would recommend staying here and I'm thinking about returning. :-)

BTW: Not a lot of resturants in the area, but it's such a nice sleep.....you tend to overlook the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this Hotel... Overall a great experience.. the only drawback was the air conditioning... we had the conditioner set at 65 degrees and if we were right in front of the conditioner it was cold but further back in the room could not feel the cooler air.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Thank Kenneth L/Jacqu... L
Reviewed May 13, 2013

It's a great hotel overall, the parking is good, it's a bit in a weird location but it's reasonably priced and clean and nice. I would definitely stay here again. The staff is of course wonderfully kind and caring. Free breakfast is always good, even though I'm not a huge fan of Hampton's breakfast offerings but it is what it is. Great stay and can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We needed a place to stay for just a few hours to get to MT, Rainier in the morning . Instead of driving from Seattle on a Friday morning in rush hour traffic we booked a room for late check in Thursday night .For $100 this was a great hotel. I am not big on the free crappy breakfast , stay up late and get up early for some free yogurt and waffles but this had the best one yet . Everything was fresh and tasty .The room was big with great TV channels and the AC worked great and not loud . Cannot wait to stay here during the Puyallup Fair .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2013

no micro or frige? where do you see that anymore? when you check into a hotel there are certain expectations when you spend over $100 a night. you don't normally think about the basics. I was wondering if there was an ironing board or free bottle of water, not basics like a mini-fridge or microwave.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Cheryl M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay. Yes, our standard rooms do not come equipped with microwaves and refrigerators, however, they are available upon request. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are looking into installing microwaves and refrigerators in our standard rooms.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate that you brought your concerns to our attention. We take great pride in our hotel, brand, and services. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Cheryl Mamiya

cheryl.mamiya@hilton.com

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed 4 nights with our family of three and I was immediately impressed by the front desk staff. Very professional and friendly even late at night. I love that they asked me if i had a preference of which floor to stay on. Our room was clean and the decor very upscale. The hotel was very quiet at night despite the fact that our room was right next to the front desk. The free breakfast exceeded my expectations with hot dishes and fresh citrus. Each day we interacted with the staff and each time we were very satisfied with customer service. The few negatives I would mention are that the pool is small-ish, not big enough to swim laps. There was no fan in our bathroom. When you watch tv, you press the "info" button or the "guide" button nothing happens. You just have to flip through the channels. i would have liked to have a small refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton for one night while we where visiting family in Puyallup before going to downtown Seattle for a couple of nights. The hotel was Average and to be honest I cant figure out way all the hotels in the area charge so much. They were all overpriced. Hampton Inn was the cheapest of the ones I looked at. The hotel was clean, spacious rooms with nice bathrooms, friendly and courteous staff and the breakfast was OK too. They do have a pool which was well maintained but a little small, and free parking. It was the location that turned me off, its noting special. Next time we visit our family in Puyallup we are just going to stay in downtown Seattle the whole time. We would have to have a rental car anyway and the drive is not bad, especially if you have GPS.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are closer to the pool and easy for kids. The second floor is also easier...