“Its as good as Triple D said it was.”

Crockett's Public House
Ranked #1 of 265 Restaurants in Puyallup
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Recently, We tired Crockett's at the advised of Triple D. The grilled Artichoke was great, So was the Kettle Corn. The atmosphere is rustic with a modern kitchen and restrooms. The service was outstanding. I will definitely go back when were in the washington area.

1  Thank Tom P
There are newer reviews for Crockett's Public House

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Went to Crockett's for my dad's birthday. Food was very good and service was great. Had a salad and the artichoke dish. Enjoyed both but, once again, should have had the dressing on the side of the salad. Husband got the sloppy joe with fresh potato chips. Sloppy joe was spicy goodness, and the chips were crisp and salty. Dad had the fish and chips. Good size pieces of fish with a nice brown batter. Mom had the green chili burger and said it was very good. Nothing left on any of the plates. Would definitely go again.

2  Thank robin m
Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you read my review on HG Bistrol, this place is the exact opposite. It delivers on the menu, the service and the overall environment. You might want to call and make reservations. This place has always been packed and I have been here so far two different times. Both visits were excellent. I sat at the bar one time and at a table another time. Any restaurant in Puyallup that is decent will have long waits to sit down at a table, even the bar, and this wonderful little gem is no different. They have a very nice beer selection. Ask them about their special beer. It is brought in fresh every day. When you get here, if it is the dinner hour, come a little early to hunt for parking. They have a small lot in back that is shared with Trackside Pizza and another restaurant so you might get luck and find something there or on the street or across the street from the restaurant, there are some areas back there that you can park at too. Happy hour features $5.00 Appetizers & $1 OFF All Adult Beverages 3-6PM Mon-Fri & ALL DAY Sunday. I went during the week. It can be a bit loud and a little crowed but it doesn't make you feel cramped. The restaurant area is well spaced out. The service is excellent and they always seemed happy and eager to serve. The first time at the bar, I had three appetizers that I shared with a friend: The calamari, mini cheeseburgers and house cut fries with gorgonzola cheese sauce. The fries I wasn't too excited about but the calamari came in generous portions and the mini cheeseburgers were tasty. The food came fairly quickly. The second visit I ordered two Mexico City Street Tacos with chicken and shrimp and my friend Joe got the Flatbread Club Sandwich. Both of us liked what we got. They were very creative in the presentation and yummy. Joe said he was coming back with his wife in the near future. I am coming back with a date. I'd say this is a hidden gem in Puyallup but with their exposure on the Food Network and now everyone liking the place, I think the secret's out. Get a reservation.

1  Thank xdavec
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Looked good on trip advisor and had been visited by triple D so we tried it. here were 1/2 dozen local beers on tap and we tried a sampler. There were 4 of us and we ordered a variety of dishes, 2 of which had been shown on the TV show DIners Drive-ins and Dives; grilled artichokes and famous house meatballs with cheese bread. WARNING!, pass on both of them they were uninteresting and barely palatable. Everything else was at least very good.

the room was nicely laid out and the staff was helppful

1  Thank virginislander_10
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We attended a basketball tournament in the area and I read about Crockett's Public House being featured on the Food's Network Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives. We had over thirty people attending the event and I contacted the manager. She was able to reserve the banquet hall along with an excellent waiter named Matt. Matt did a great job with appetizers, drinks for thirsty teenagers, adults' drinks and the main entrees.

Crockett's manager and Matt were on their game plus the banquet room was the coolest -temperature wise and vibe considering it was a balmy 34 degrees Celsius. I had Mom's Sloppy Joe's and the appetizer was the Idaho Crisps. The Crisps had three homemade dipping sauces and they were wonderful.

Matt made it a very successful night which many people said it exceeded expectations. I agree and would recommend this as a great family restaurant.

1  Thank Skippy B