“Unique burgers”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Had a burger that had green chilies on it that was excellent. Everyone in the party had something different and all were great. Also loved the coleslaw. Cool atmosphere in an old red block building.

1  Thank clp45

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Looking for a different Happy Hour. Having seen Crockett's on Diners, Drive-in's and Dives, I thought that this might be a flash-in-the-pan joint based on a few special menu items. I was pleasantly surprised.

We were presented with a basic menu- food on one side, drinks on the other with a few informational factoids interspersed. For example, deep-fried items are cooked in rice oil. I have never (that I know of) eaten anything fried in rice oil,

We ordered off of their Happy Hour menu. Our order started with the "nice little salad" Crockett's house cut fries and 3 mini cheeseburgers, three appetizers from their happy hour menu.

I was able to enjoy two of the three cheeseburgers (my wife stole one) but I made up by eating most of the fries. The nice little salad was virtually untouched until the fries and burgers were gone.

For appetizers, the fries and burgers were delicious. I didn't steal the salad, but she finished it.

I added the Fire Grilled Artichoke to our order. I found it delicious but the "choke" seemed a little small. The dip was a semi-spicy aioli that complemented the smokey grilled flavor of the artichoke.

The fantastic selection of beer complemented the choices we made. I only wish there were one or two domestic brews were on tap.

For those who don't like to explore the brewing science, most of the regular beers are in bottle form, "bathtub brews" 12 oz. at a time. The brews on tap consist of mostly local craft beer selections. I had a Georgetown porter while my wife consulted the waitress for a recommendation. She likes a fairly light beer, the waitress steered her towards the STELLA ARTOIS. She enjoyed the selection. Later, Ashlee (our waitress) offered a couple of samples of similar local beers to the Stella Artois. She enjoyed another beer.

Overall, I would recommend Crockett's and look forward to delving into their signature plates.

I would, however, recommend visiting before 5:30 on weekdays to avoid the crowds.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had dinner with friends Sat. May 25. Ordered the burger w/mushrooms & cooked onions—nice sized meal and well-prepared. Fries were ok. They serve variety of beers on tap including our fav Guinness. My wife had a fish taco with side salad. She liked her meal but taco was very small compared to other restaurants & price of extra taco wouldn’t have been worth it. My friend had fish & chips which he enjoyed. Brother liked the pasta w/clams. Everyone’s meals looked great. Excellent & friendly service. Clean establishment with in funky old bldg w/fun atmosphere. Would like to try their breakfast sometime.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Taken by a friend and was not disappointed. Great menu with unique and delicious selections. Apricot and maple braised carnitas were beyond delicious. Service was spot on and I really have nothing critical to say. Portions were ample and I'm excited to go back and try something new next time. :)

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place is a local favorite, and got very good treatment on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (Food Network). The food is terrific, the service is very good. Try the chicken and waffles.