“Yummy!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Tried this place on a short visit to the Seattle area & really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was cool, service was fantastic & food and beer were quite good as well. I would enjoy visiting again for sure!

There are newer reviews for Crockett's Public House

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I went to Crockett’s on a recent Sunday afternoon. Arriving about 2 p.m., the place was packed with everyone from singles enjoying the all-day happy hour (Sundays only!) at the bar to large families including grandparents, parents, and new grandchildren were enjoying the upbeat vibe of Crockett’s.

While the featured appetizer on Triple D was the restaurant’s fire-grilled artichoke, we chose an order of their kettle corn, which is not the sweet variety on offer at virtually every county fair. No, theirs comes sprinkled with either spicy chili and lemon seasoning or cheddar and Parmesan seasoning. It’s a great way to take the edge off if you arrive famished and just can’t wait to eat.

For our entrees, my wife chose the mahi mahi cooked over mesquite coals while I opted for the Public House meatballs.

Her mahi mahi was basted in cilantro lime, served with baja black beans, sarono corn cake, and fresh avocado topped with shreds of deep-fried tortilla. Smoky with a bit of heat in the black beans, it was both delicious and generous. Fully half came home for the next day’s lunch, as it was with my meatballs.

One of the featured items on Triple D, the meatballs are prepared in-house by hand from equal portions of beef, pork, and veal augmented by some finely minced prosciutto. Red chilies, garlic, cayenne, black, and white peppers provide a little heat. They’re garnished with Parmesan cheese, pistachio nuts, and lime zest and served with sourdough garlic cheese toast. Although they only come three to an order, they’re huge and quite filling.

Dessert? Who had room? Although I must confess the Maker’s Mark caramel milk shake was seriously tempting. Maybe next time.

And there will be a next time; the menu at Crockett’s isn’t massive, but it’s big enough and varied enough to keep us coming back whether we’re in the mood for a full dinner or a simple sandwich, burger, or dog.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

if not for the sauce, meatballs had no flavor! gorgonzola fries had garlic, and a white sauce, could not tast the gorgonzola! (had to ask for hot fries!) Nicw atmospher and tantalizing smells, too bad did not live up to flavortown!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been to Crocketts before and loved it. This time I chose the Sloppy Joes because of the DDD review I had heard about. I didn't get it... compared to the other wonderful things I have eaten the Sloppy Joe was a disappointment. I chose the salad as the side and it was 6 pieces of lettuce and a tomatoe. The Joe was just spicy meat on a bun with no redemming value in taste or appearance. I will stick to my favorites next time! Parking as always was ridiculous.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had a larger group that went out for dinner and picked Crockett's due to the DDD episode. The down side was no reservations for groups and the parking is ridiculous. After those two things, everything else was wonderful. Our waitress was excellent and kept our drinks filled and every need was met with a smile.

Everyone's dinner looked and tasted beyond imagination. I ordered the roasted oysters for an appetizer and they were out of this world. I was undecided for my entree and after talking with the waitress decided to jump in and have their famous meatballs. It's 3 large meatballs in sauce with toasted bread on the side. It seemed a bit pricey for 3 meatballs but in the end, I couldn't even finish the 3rd meatball! I spent about 38 bucks for my soda, appetizer and entree.

Everyone else's food was just as good. Tacos, burgers and even the grill cheese was sampled tonight. I will be taking the family back to enjoy this landmark at a later time.

1  Thank Tricia C