“Good Price - HORRIBLE STAY - LOUD Fire alarms 4 times in 6 days!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Northwest Motor Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Northwest Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
Lake tapps
“Good Price - HORRIBLE STAY - LOUD Fire alarms 4 times in 6 days!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife daughter and I stayed at NW motor Inn 6 days during a moving transition. We were relieved to see the price about $100 cheaper than other local places per week, but we soon realized why. One of the most disgusting places we have ever stayed by far. This was another "no smoking" room that smelled TERRIBLY of smoke, bedding had cig. burns in it, shower floor was cracked in several places and SHARP, sink faucets leaked onto the counter and the floor. Right next to a busy and loud road at all times of the day.

As if this wasn't enough to warrant a 1 star review - FOUR times during our 6 days there, the ENTIRE buildings fire alarm system went off. It was a deafening high pitched noise, non stop for hours at a time. The first time this happened was our 2nd night, at 3:30 AM, until about 6 AM. Nobody at the front desk or reception had a clue what was wrong or how to fix it. No fire dept. was ever called or contacted as there was no fire - they came to the conclusion it was just errors in their system. Lucky for us, that lovely error happened 3 more times over the next few days - resulting in almost no sleep for the duration of our stay. We have a 9 month old daughter - and those alarms made her cry and panic more than anything I had ever seen.

Frequently, around 6-7 AM, cars would sit in the parking lot (right near everyone's windows) and honk there horns for 45 minutes at a time...I assume to try and get someone to hurry up?? But for the love of God, have some common courtesy....at 6 AM, just because you are up and in a hurry doesn't give you the right to wake up an entire building. Get off you lazy @$$'s and walk to whoever you are honking at!!!!!

After all the sleepless nights and disturbances, we figured we could at least get a discount or partial refund - but nothing at all was offered, not even an apology. Even when it came down to checkout day, we had to wait for our friend to show up with his truck and he didn't get off work until 3 PM (11 am is checkout, NO exceptions) They had the nerve to charge us $65 to stay the extra 4 hours!!! After already paying for a week, they couldn't even give us the weekly rate for the extra time. Had to charge us for a full day.

This place is hell on earth. Chaotic, loud, filthy, and the least helpful staff I've ever encountered anywhere. Do not expect ANY sleep here. Unfortunate that 1 star is as low as I can rate this terrible nightmare of a place.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Room Tip: None - run as far away as you can from this pit. if I could give a review lower than 1 star I would...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank WildeAJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here with my family. The price was great and the rooms were very clean. Free HBO channels was a bonus. The staff at the desk were friendly, and I had an overall enjoyable stay. I would recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Very comfortable beds
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sandra J
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Great location, with friendly, accommodating staff. Room has microwave and fridge, clean linens and good heating system. I've stayed here many times and have always had a good experience. Prices are great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank manning121
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Nice place, close to the fairgrounds. We stayed here for the Puyallup fair. We had a wonderful stay. The staff was very helpful and kind. The room was clean and comfortable. I would totally recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Cathy D
Stockton, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was coming from Los Angles California In my 2012 International Prostar Eagle to Make a Delivery In Costco Warehouse In Sumner, Washington After I was done delivering my load at Costco I had to take My 10 hours Rest. Instead of staying at a truck stop for the night i decided to go to Northwest Motor Inn because Many of my friends recomended to go there. When i arived at the Motel i went to the Front desk to get a room. At the front desk i recived AWSOME!! service. The room i was given was very Clean and Neat there was Cable T.V... I had a good night sleep. If i was to recomend my friends a motel to go to I will recomend Northwest Motor Inn.
Next time i have a load to pickup or deliver in Puyallup area i will be coming here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Ranjit S
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Ya know I understand the economy is rough but when my daughter walks on a hotel floor for 10 minutes and her feet turn black that's a no no. The a/c didn't work the linens were super stained along with the walls. Water was warm and room was cheap. But I litterally got asked by other tenants for drugs twice in one night. It stunk really bad and its right on the main road so its super noisy. Cable sucked too needless to say I rented a room at the hampton inn the next time. I hope this place goes under. DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE PLEASE.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank jfokna22
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

We wanted to stay somewhere better: but the two upscale motels were full. One with the crew of Airforce 1 which rather shook us. This was the better of the two also rans. The room was clean if a little smelly. The beds were ok, there was hot water, and there was a fridge and a TV of sorts. The A/C didn't work. The management were friendly enough; the owner had family near where we live in London, UK. But it was cheap and value for money in the circumstances. It is a one night stopover: nothing more

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NLR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Motel Puyallup
No photo provided
Sumner Motor Inn
Sumner Motor Inn
#2 of 2 in Sumner

Been to Northwest Motor Inn? Share your experiences!