“Quiet and comfy”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
Pasco, WA
“Quiet and comfy”
Reviewed November 10, 2008

If you can plan ahead, book early because this hotel serves the National Guard early in the month, coming in to Fort Lewis. It's always quiet, and easy to access off highway 512. The rooms feature comfy beds, quiet heat or cooling, a full-size shower with endless hot water, and a fully equipped kitchen. The hotel is tucked into a series of well-lighted car dealerships if you like to walk at night and browse new models while stretching your legs. Restaurants are nearby. The senior rate will please.

• Liked — Great value, great price.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 28, 2008

stayed here for 1 night because i was travelling in the area and got a cheap rate on the motel on hotwire. the room was a very effecient, small kitchenette. it was super clean and quiet; front desk receptionist was very nice; the shower was large. it was a very comfortable place to stay. only c/o is that it was hard to find- suggest using mapquest to find it.

• Liked — price, kitchenette
  • Disliked — hard to find
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Extendedstayhotels, Manager-GRE at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, June 7, 2009
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Tacoma - Puyallup. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Also, know that any of our nearly 700 Extended Stay Hotels(sm) locations is eager to serve you in most major metro areas in the U.S. and in Canada. Search for them at any time by going to our website. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels."
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Worst Property I have ever stayed in. Front Desk Staff and Manager Very RUDE!! Known drug deals going on during Stay, Walls Very Very Thin, Nothing Close by
Be Careful if you decide to stay here !!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
PA
Reviewed June 5, 2008

I have stayed at many extended stay hotels. Although this one is a Crossland, and in the cheapest category, I still expected to feel safe and was surprised when I didn't feel this way - especially in Puyallup.

It was noisy at night with a lot of loud, weird looking characters about the hotel. Even though it was super cheap and had a kitchenette, I didn't sleep well and I wouldn't stay there again.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — safety
  • Stayed December 2004, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
"Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Crossland Tacoma - Puyallup. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Regina, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2007

Have stayed at this property before and found it very suitable for someone on a budget. While the housekeeping staff only show up once a week, clean towels are available daily from the office. Although quite small I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room. A kitchenette makes it very handy to prepare meals and all utensils are supplied. For a budget property it's well run and very quiet except for the trains. Get a top floor South side facing room unless you're a railroad type. Sign up on the website to be put on the mailing list. This gives you a code for a 10% discount on their already low rates. All in all a fine place to stay if you are visiting the South Puget Sound area.

• Liked — Cheap, clean, quiet.
  • Disliked — Train noise
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smperkin
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 28, 2006

Left my 27 year old daugther in the room to sleep while I visited my aunt. Hotel staff demanded to get in the room to do something to their Internet box hiden behind the night stand. My daughter was scared not knowing if they truly worked for the hotel. They told her if she didn't let them in they would call the cops and throw her out. She called me, I rushed back and went to the office. Explained after what happened to that woman and two teenage girls in Yosemite I told my daugther to never let anyone in the room. In Yosemite, a man told these women he was sent by the hotel to fix a plumping problem in their room. He killed them. We were told to get out of our rooms; to check out. We are from California and don't know the area. By then, we couldn't reach family and had to find another hotel.

Rooms should be in order when they are given to the customer. To demand to get in your room or they will call the cops and throw you out is unexceptable. The main goal of all hotels should be customer service and safety. If these are concerns of yours, please don't stay in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 3, 2006

Where do I start? The alarm clock was broken, so I went to get a new alarm clock, but it buzzed and there was no wake up call service. Very stressful. Our room was over a concrete stairwell, and starting at 10:30 on a Friday night it was very noisy with people walking up and down at all hours of the night, and people seemed to drive around the parking lot all hours of the night.

There is a train nearby and it must have gone by once every 45 minutes and blew its horn 3-5 times each time it went by. I did not sleep all night between the noise in the parking lot and stairs and the train. I had an important event the next morning and had no sleep. If you like to sleep, don't stay here. Sleep is worth more than saving a few dollars.

The bed was hard, but that didn't bother me. The pillows were fine, and the room was clean. Very low water pressue. I could deal with all the other stuff, but the outside noise was not good for trying to sleep. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Motel Puyallup
Sumner Motor Inn
#2 of 2 in Sumner
Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup? Share your experiences!