“Beds dirty and hard”

Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The refrigerator did not work and smelled like chemicals. The mattress was hard and dirty and the bedspread was dirty. The shower curtain did not fit and water went all over the floor. the chairs had a sticky substance on them, not cleaned or wiped down. there has been a car parked in the same spot, right by the office, and covered with a car cover for the last 2 or 3 years. There seems to be no grounds maintenance with crap all over the parking lot and grass.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Timothy S
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Timothy – I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues, odors and the level of cleanliness in your room. I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly at, puy2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

There are newer reviews for Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have stayed stayed at this no frills hotel every February for a week for years. Things have noticeably gone downhill. From the dirty littered parking lot, to the mud that used to be grass, this was a well kept property, but now feels like a low rent, apartment on the wrong side of town. The bed bugs were the last straw, and a lack of staff that can't seem to handle the everyday business of a hotel. Save yourself the horrible experience and rash. Lots of what appear to be permanent residents with bloodshot eyes, pets and beat up vehicles.

• Stayed: February 2014
6  Thank TommyHon
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’m disheartened to learn that you were not satisfied with our accommodations. Also, I apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room and am working with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. I met with our entire staff to review our maintenance polices so that your experience is not repeated.

Again, thank you for the comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Not the best stay I've ever had, but I guess for $54 a night I should of expected it. If you don't stay more than 6 nights you have to exchange your towels at the front desk. You have to find the maid or go to the front desk for coffee daily. You had to take out your own trash and there are no tissues. If you need more toilet paper you have to find the maid. The best part is I called to see if they had hair dryers in each room and I was assured there were. Surprise, Surprise there aren't so we called the front desk. They have ! (one) hairdryer for all 150 rooms they had to call around and find who had the hairdryer. We couldn't wait to I had to dry my hair over the heater! There are on ice machines like others have stated. The bath towels barely fit around my grandson who is only 2 years old. For an extended stay hotel this place needs to revamped. It was nice to have a small kitchen, but if you want to wash your dishes, again back to the front office for dish soap. I was shocked at the level of service from a hotel; they need new management or something! It does have great access to the freeway and lots of local businesses.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank L N
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I apologize that our housekeeping policies did not meet your needs. As well, I am sorry that our towels did not meet your expectations. Lastly, I am sorry that no hair dryers were available at the time of your request. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly, at puy2@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I have been here several times. The staff is friendly and the location is great. But, the property seems a bit tired and rundown now, in need of some updating. There us easy freeway access and proximity to grocery stores and restaurants.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank kipukatrading

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and our friendly staff. Still, I apologize that you found our hotel to be in need of an update. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your comments. It would be our pleasure to host you again in the future.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Great location very quiet and relaxing. It was great that it had a kitchen in the room. Also wonderful that was able to do laundry. I will definitely come back. I will recommend this to anyone who needs a place to stay in the area.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheri C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our great value, on-site laundry facilities, and the fully equipped kitchen in your room. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting such a wonderful review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Absolute bare bones! Want clean towels? Must take your used ones to the office and turn them in to get new ones. Want more coffee? They look at you like you've committed a crime. Tissues? Bring your own. Ice? Bring your own. Not an ice machine on the premises. Police were just here for a domestic. You get what you pay for here. My fault. Every motel in this town was $120+. I should have known there was a reason this one was $60. I roughed it out. But never again!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Spudsville1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations Please know, if you do not want to exchange your linens and towels we do offer cleaning services for guests staying 8 or more nights. Additional services can also be purchased in between for a minimal fee. Also, I apologize that you were disturbed by another guest issue. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that guest safety is our number one priority. With that in mind, we will work with outside law enforcement groups to ensure all of our guests are safe, as needed.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at puy@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I read a lot of reviews about this place before making a reservation. My main concern was the so called 'rock hard beds' that some of the other reviewers complained about. Let me start by saying that my bed was NOT hard at all. It was rather very comfortable. The front desk person was nice too. The main reason for my 'not so good review' is this smell in my room. It was so strong that my nose never really got desensitized. It's not the typical 'bad smell' that you come across in low budget hotels. It was something different. May be they used a strong chemical for cleaning or something but I have never experienced that odor before. Very bad. The stair hall has a very strong odor as well.
This place is basically an extended stay/low budget apartment building where locals stay. It's not really a hotel/motel. There are no restaurants or convenient stores in the proximity.
The second most annoying thing about my stay was the proximity a train track. The loud train-honking woke me up few times.

Washroom was small but clean. There was no mold.
The kitchenette is a plus if you like to cook.
Wifi is free.

Overall for me, not a pleasant experience.
If you can afford another 20-30 bucks a night, then stay away from this place.

Room Tip: avoid rooms that face the close by train track
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Preet M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Preet - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you liked the bed in your room and the service our staff provided. Still, the situation you described regarding the strong odor is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working to eliminate the smell as soon as possible and will use less spray when cleaning rooms moving forward.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at puy@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Motel Puyallup
Sumner Motor Inn
#2 of 2 in Sumner
Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup? Share your experiences!