“Didn't feel safe”

Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
Reviewed June 5, 2008

I have stayed at many extended stay hotels. Although this one is a Crossland, and in the cheapest category, I still expected to feel safe and was surprised when I didn't feel this way - especially in Puyallup.

It was noisy at night with a lot of loud, weird looking characters about the hotel. Even though it was super cheap and had a kitchenette, I didn't sleep well and I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2004, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Extendedstayhotels, Manager-GRE at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2009

"Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Crossland Tacoma - Puyallup. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Reviewed March 15, 2007

Have stayed at this property before and found it very suitable for someone on a budget. While the housekeeping staff only show up once a week, clean towels are available daily from the office. Although quite small I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room. A kitchenette makes it very handy to prepare meals and all utensils are supplied. For a budget property it's well run and very quiet except for the trains. Get a top floor South side facing room unless you're a railroad type. Sign up on the website to be put on the mailing list. This gives you a code for a 10% discount on their already low rates. All in all a fine place to stay if you are visiting the South Puget Sound area.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank smperkin
California
Reviewed June 28, 2006

Left my 27 year old daugther in the room to sleep while I visited my aunt. Hotel staff demanded to get in the room to do something to their Internet box hiden behind the night stand. My daughter was scared not knowing if they truly worked for the hotel. They told her if she didn't let them in they would call the cops and throw her out. She called me, I rushed back and went to the office. Explained after what happened to that woman and two teenage girls in Yosemite I told my daugther to never let anyone in the room. In Yosemite, a man told these women he was sent by the hotel to fix a plumping problem in their room. He killed them. We were told to get out of our rooms; to check out. We are from California and don't know the area. By then, we couldn't reach family and had to find another hotel.

Rooms should be in order when they are given to the customer. To demand to get in your room or they will call the cops and throw you out is unexceptable. The main goal of all hotels should be customer service and safety. If these are concerns of yours, please don't stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Aberdeen, WA
Reviewed June 3, 2006

Where do I start? The alarm clock was broken, so I went to get a new alarm clock, but it buzzed and there was no wake up call service. Very stressful. Our room was over a concrete stairwell, and starting at 10:30 on a Friday night it was very noisy with people walking up and down at all hours of the night, and people seemed to drive around the parking lot all hours of the night.

There is a train nearby and it must have gone by once every 45 minutes and blew its horn 3-5 times each time it went by. I did not sleep all night between the noise in the parking lot and stairs and the train. I had an important event the next morning and had no sleep. If you like to sleep, don't stay here. Sleep is worth more than saving a few dollars.

The bed was hard, but that didn't bother me. The pillows were fine, and the room was clean. Very low water pressue. I could deal with all the other stuff, but the outside noise was not good for trying to sleep. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 28, 2005

We were very pleased with our stay at the Crossland. We stayed for two nights around Thanksgiving. The room was clean and quiet. The other review was right about the hard bed, but that did not stop us from sleeping well. The hotel is in a nice area, very safe and convenient access. It is a bargain hotel with no frills but there was a kitchenette in our room with a few pots, pan, plates, etc. Overall this hotel is a great deal and good if you just need a place to sleep for the night.

• Stayed: November 2005
1  Thank xaby
Reviewed May 19, 2005

The room was small but clean. The kitchenette was well stocked with utensils, pans, plates, etc. The only problem was the bed was really, really hard. I had difficulty sleeping on such a hard mattress. Great pricing, though, if you like a hard bed!

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank SSMatriarch
Eastsound, WA
Reviewed April 25, 2004

Can't beat it for the price. Rooms are small, but efficient. Love the kitchen set up. No neighboring businesses, definitely gives it that country feeling. If you want to save a buck (or $50) this is the place to stay.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Tacoma Near McChord AFB
Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup
Motel Puyallup
Motel Puyallup
#6 of 7 in Puyallup
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup
Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup? Share your experiences!