“EXCELLENT SERVICE AND ACCOMODATIONS”

Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
East Wenatchee, Washington
“EXCELLENT SERVICE AND ACCOMODATIONS”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. The location is great and close to everything. Rooms, especially for the price, were really nice. We especially enjoyed having cooking facilities. Pet friendly, although $25.00 a night just for the pet is a bit high. Other places are $10.00. The staff were excellent!!!!!!!!!! If you decide to stay we know you will enjoy the service. Casey, the young man that checked us in, was very pleasant. It is nice to know there are good staff such as him that really care about your stay and try to make it as good a stay as possible. Thank you Casey!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Matthew V
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Matthew - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you found Casey to be so pleasant. It's also nice to know that you appreciate how conveniently located we are. Please know, our pet fee is the same at all of our properties and priced based on many factors. I apologize if you found this to be too high; however, I am glad that we are able to provide great accommodations to those travelling with their furry friends.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

All in all staying at this hotel was a nice little getaway. My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week. It was in a good location for all that I needed to get done. It has its issues: street and walk way light burnt out, one access door to the upstairs broken, and it will cost you an arm and a leg to wash clothes there. If needed be I'd return but it isn't on the top of my list.

• Stayed April 2013
Megan - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. Since your visit we have replaced the burned out lights and the door was fixed. We have not had an issue with either again.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

The first thing I noticed pulling is was an old Buick with moss growing all over it and a large pick up truck that has a flat tire. Otherwise, on the outside some security lights that don't work. None of the parking lights work. The staff was very friendly. On to the room. Nothing special. The television was small and still have a tube with just a few channels to watch. The bed was comfortable enough to get through the night. The problem I have is with towels. I do not reuse mine and the front desk is always low on them. I had to wash a set while using my own towels. The wifi works fine enough to get things done. This place I good enough to stay if you are out and about all day and fall to sleep within a couple of hours of getting back.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Melsenbach
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and it really helps us get better. Since your stay the Buick is gone and the truck has repaired the flat tire. We hope to see you again soon when you are traveling through our town.
Marysville
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The check-in and out process was very easy. The room was outstanding, perfect for the only one night that we stayed there. I will recommend this hotel and my family will be staying there again probably in July of this year for 2 days.

Room Tip: We did not see a pool nor a restaurant due to the suites had kitchenetts.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Oak Harbor, Washington
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I'm a disable vet and lived in this extended stay hotel for quite a while,waiting for my VA disability benefits to be approved so I could relocated to Northern WA therefore I can give a through review of the property,.. of the three Crossland Studios hotels in the Seattle/Tacoma area, I would have to say this one is the best.

The rooms are smaller than most standard hotel/motel rooms,there's not tubs just shower stalls.
The beds are firm and might be too hard for some people's preferences. Carpets could stand to be steam-cleaned more often.
All rooms have a two burner stove, microwave,fridge,coffee-maker and toaster. The pots and pans offered to guests are borderline useless, half of your food will stick and burn even with plenty cooking oil and Pam spray.

The hotel does not have on site security because it is not needed. The property is rather isolated therefore safe, located between a business park,SR 167 and a hill,crime is very rare.

Even though housekeeping services is offered only once per week,the housekeeping staff is exceptionally good,easy to communicate with,very friendly and helpful,if you have a housekeeping issue, it will be taken care of asap but If you have a maintenance problem that's another story. You'll be SOL as the maintenance man is rather laid back (he even walks around wearing some sort of a Rastafarian head-gear) He always claims,he'll get to it but never does.
I had to file a complaint against him for letting himself in my room regardless of the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door handle.

Public areas,stairwells and the parking lot are sometimes not as clean as they should be, the hotel accepts small pets for an additional fee therefore sometimes you will encounter animal odors and feces scattered through out the property as some pet owners do not bother to clean after their animals and it takes days for staff to clean up the mess. Garbage cans are emptied once or twice per week.

The free Hi-Speed internet advertised is rather misleading as it's useless for anything above basic web surfing. Watching Netflix, YouTube videos requires a lot of patience waiting for buffering every few minutes and having to lower the resolution to the bare minimum( 240p). An upgrade to 2 Mbps is available for $3.99 per day.
90% of the rooms have older 19 inch CRT TVs,two or three of the double rooms have 19/25 inch flat screens.
The channel line up is rather pitiful, just a handful of channels, half of them are free over-the-air channels, many have an annoying herringbone pattern that I was told nothing could be done about it.

You'll experience a slight vibration in rooms facing east from the nearby train tracks but the noise is minimal.

The best thing about this hotel is its location and the above average service of the current management.
The property manager Abu and Nicole the day-shift front-desk clerk are very professional and helpful in resolving any issue or problem that a guest might encounter .

The worst about this property is the corporation, customer service personnel and corporate level management can be very rude, uncaring and completely unhelpful.
Two different VA organizations contacted the corporate offices on my behalf and inquired about prepaying my rent and in the process securing a discount but they were ignored then eventually given the brush-off that is until we threaten to be a PR nightmare for them.
The property and corporation currently are in a black-list as an unfriendly business to veterans and active duty personnel.

The best advice that I can give is be very careful when handing over your bank-card as this corporation is infamous for their erratic/inaccurate billing and it's never on the customers favour. You have to keep a close eye on your bank statement to make sure the billing is correct .
They set up an automatic payment of my rent without my prior authorization and would often overcharge me after I complained, I would be issued a refund with no explanation.

They also have a huge security issue that they're not even aware of... while exercising at a baseball field 2 city blocks from the property.
I found an electronic master key-card that would open all the doors in the property. Guest rooms and employee-only areas,had this electronic key fallen in to the wrongs hands it would have been a public relation nightmare for the entire corporation.
*I'm certain the corporation will be contacting me about this card and wanting to acquire it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LEO M
Packwood, Washington
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Went to almost spring swap meet at the puyallup fair grounds and we found the crossland on line and it looked good. The price was good 53.00 a night tax included. When we arrived for the 3 days we found everything to be great the kitchen, room and TV were great. There was no shampoo or paper towels but we brought our own. The hotel provided dish soap and bar soap.The best was Nichole at the front desk she has a great rersonallity, friendly, great customer service and knew how to get to places we wanted to go. I was TOTALLY happy with the stay and the grounds were emaculate.I would recommend this for any family & friends. Thank You Nichole!! Great Job!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor in the back by the dealership. very quiet and no noise from upstairs o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cindy m
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We appreciate you filling out a review of our Crossland Economy Studios Tacoma Puyallup. It's great to hear that you found us to be a great value and that Nichole stood out by giving you great service! We hope to see you again soon.
Nevada, United States
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went to the most recent Sewing and Stitchery Expo in Puyallup. The Crossland was just far enough from the fair grounds to provide a nice, traffic free distance without being too far from local restaurants, stores and events. The room was very comfortable. It gave me the ability to maintain my special dietary needs by providing a stove top, refrigerator, and microwave oven in the room. In addition, the cupboards had the needed dishes, glasses and cookware to make the whole thing functional. I did not have house keeping with this visit, but I was very happy without it. Options were provided if I needed additional towels, pillows and coverings, but I never needed any of it. They respected my privacy, and stayed out of my room while I was away for the day. The bed was a traditional box spring and mattress set on a metal frame. I am used to a Temperpedic, so I am a little spoiled. It took a night to get used to the bed, but I did sleep very well after that. Internet was provided and I felt very safe using the free internet for simple web surfing and checking secure e-mail. I will be making arrangements at the Crossland again next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel during your visit for the Sewing Expo. We are pleased that you found our hotel to be exactly what you needed during your stay. The ability to cook in your room is one of the best features we have that we think is a great value for travelers like yourself. We look forward to you returning next year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup
Sumner Motor Inn
Sumner Motor Inn
#2 of 2 in Sumner
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup? Share your experiences!