“Above "above and beyond!"”

Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area)
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
GreenLeadersBronze level
Puyallup, Washington
“Above "above and beyond!"”
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I have had the opportunity to stay at this Holiday Inn Express each week for the past 12 weeks and will be here into the summer. I arrive on Sundays and leave on Thursdays. The facility is very nice. It is undergoing a remodel and is very comfortable. Extraordinarily clean! However, the thing that is so amazing is the staff. They go so far to make you feel comfortable it is unbelievable. I have had a few trying moments during my stays and every single employee is helpful, accomodating, very professional in appearance and mannerism. I don't believe there are enough words to describe how wonderful they are. I have observed the staff being verbally abused by other customers and they remain calm, professional and accomodating beyond reasonable. I would recommend a stay at this facility to EVERYONE! It would be especially wonderful as a teaching facility. Thank you so much! You make my home away from home a place that I look forward to returning to each week.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Winlock, Washington
Reviewed November 22, 2009

I love Holiday Inn Express. :-)
Free HOT breakfast, nice sized rooms, free internet, free cookies and coffee in the lobby....
It saves me at least $40 on breakfast the next morning (for a family of four) when we stay at a Holiday Inn Express.
We stayed here to watch the horse races at Emerald Downs about 15 miles away in Auburn, WA.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
dallet6
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It went way beyond my expectations. Check in was friendly and quick. We had the double queen suite and it was huge! Much bigger than other hotels who claim their rooms are suites. There were 2 tvs and each had a dvd player. You could get free rentals at the desk. The kids loved the free cookies and lemonade they always had available. Coffee and hot chocolate were also always available. We ordered in one night and ate in the dining area (which is very spacious). They had no trouble giving us plates and silverware to eat with. The kids enjoyed the pool which was clean and heated. The breakfast was very nice too with hot choices and delicious cinnamon rolls. The best thing about the place undoubtedly though was the service. They were more than willing to help with anything you needed!
They even have a computer in EVERY room for you to use!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Stayed here one night. Very friendly check-in, particularly as a Priority Club member. Great rooms and lots of add-ons - free bottled water, DVDs, access to Health Club and a great breakfast. It was clean, secure and comfortable. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
Reviewed January 31, 2009

We stayed at this hotel only for one night with our 2 kids, and had a great time during our short stay. The ladies at the front desk were super friendly and had no problems with us checking in a few hours earlier than their given check-in time. We booked the Queen Suite which has 2 queen sized beds, 2 TVs with DVD players, a small dining table, a sleeper couch and complimentary internet access(computer in the room!). There is a small kitchenette with fridge, microwave, dishes for 4 people, free bottled water and microwave popcorn. Our beds were really comfortable and had 4 pillows on each, so no shortage on comfort.

The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub, which we took full advantage of. There were always fresh baked cookies for guests in the lobby, which were scrumptious, and a nice snack after a few hours in the pool. We came prepared and brought DVDs for our kids to watch, but the hotel does offer a small library of movies for you to borrow from, which I thought was a great idea! The bathroom is fairly small, as hotel bathrooms are, but it was well stocked with toiletries and towels, but my favorite part of our room was the tub. The queen suite has a nice large jetted tub, which for me, was heaven after chasing my rowdy kids through the pool for hours!

The only complaint I have with this hotel was the god awful stomping of the folks in the room above ours at 2 a.m. At one point, I thought there was cattle doing aerobics above me! But a quick call to the front desk solved that problem in no time.

To sum it up, I would definitely recommend this hotel to people needing a place to stay in or around the Puyallup area. The traffic noise was barely noticeable to us, and we were on the bottom floor. The continental breakfast offers plenty of variety and has something for almost everyone from fruit, yogurt, bacon and eggs. It is pretty pricey considering the area it is located in, but for me, paying $20 more for the suite was well worth it!

• Liked — Clean room, friendly service
  • Disliked — High cost, noisy guests
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank ILoveGreatHotels!
San Ramon, Ca
Reviewed July 25, 2008

This is a nice place. No workout room, but a pass to go to the Bally Gym next door.

Food was good and it was in good condition.

It is next to a busy road, in a shopping center area, next to a freeway. Even though it has double pane windows, the noise was constant; day and night.

The only other comment is that the room has a below the window heater/AC unit.

Even on the low setting it's loud. It does drowned out the freeway noise though.

• Liked — easy to find
  • Disliked — freeway noise
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 11, 2008

My sister and I were in Puyallup for a family gathering this weekend, and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much, but the reviews I read here were encouraging, so I made a reservation.

I was definitely most pleasantly surprised. The staff members we talked with were very helpful and efficient. The hotel is clean and well kept, if not fancy (but who needs fancy?). The bathroom was spotless and bed was very comfortable with nice linens and great pillows. I don't usually sleep well the first night away from home, and I had no trouble this time. Our room was very quiet, which was also a surprise, since the hotel is near the freeway. There are restaurants and gas stations within walking distance. And it's one left turn from the on-ramp to WA-512, so for our purposes, it's ideally located.

We're planning to visit our parents again in the fall and we still definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Comfort; location
  • Disliked — McDonald's in the parking lot (no noise, etc., but a bit odd to find it there)
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Motel Puyallup
Motel Puyallup
#5 of 7 in Puyallup

Been to Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area)? Share your experiences!