“A Good Place to Stay in Puyallup” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area)

Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area)
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
GreenLeadersBronze level
Medford, Oregon
“A Good Place to Stay in Puyallup”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I needed a place to stay in Puyallup, Washington and the choice is limited as the city is not that large. The Holiday Inn Express is one of the better hotels in town. It was clean, mostly quiet - regarding road noise - and the rooms are big enough not to feel too cramped. I was surprised at the heating/cooling unit in the wall (as opposed to controlled by thermostat) since the room looked updated. If it was "on" it was on all night and not all that quiet. My room was a suite and the refrigerator and microwave are pleasant to have. The breakfast in the morning is typical HI Express-type food. I felt safe here in the hotel and the parking lot. While I realize that I stayed during an event that was going on at the Fairgrounds, I felt the price was really high for the nights I stayed. I don't know what the room rates are on a "non-event" weekend. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

Green Features: I liked the recycle bins in a room off my hallway. It made it easy to recycle rather than just "throw away".
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hello Patty A,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the size of your suite, and having a microwave and refrigerator in there also. I am sorry that the unit in your room was not quiet. I will be passing along this comment to our management team. We are glad that you felt safe here and would love to have you back again should your travels bring you back to Puyallup!

Stacy Snyder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Ended up going to an expo at the last minute. All other local hotels did not have rooms. Did not want to have to drive all the way to Tacoma. Found this hotel and am so glad I did. Great room for the price. Amenities are great. Staff was very friendly and just great.

• Stayed February 2014
Hi Baileynu,
We are glad you stayed with us also! I hope you enjoyed the sewing expo and will stay with us again. Thank you for your kind words and we appreciate you writing a review about your stay.

Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stated there for a week during a wedding that I was helping with it was more that I expected, rooms where clean the breakfast always hot, people at front counter very nice, very close to different places in south hill, and the price for all of it was very good, no complains at all, overall a perfect stay

• Stayed December 2013
Hello crdsritz,
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, I am pleased you gave us a try and thought your stay was perfect! As for our hot breakfast that you enjoyed, we will be having more options added for our guests very soon! Thank you taking the time to write about your experience.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

The service was first rate; the rooms and facilities were excellent. Renee, the staff member who maintains the breakfast area did a superb job of maintaining all aspects of the breakfast/food area. We would return to this location and would recommend it to our friends and family. We also appreciate having the opportunity to return to the same room after our flight was cancelled.

Room Tip: WE had a room overlooking the parking lot, it was fine.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Good morning Ben G!
Thank you for writing about your experience, I am glad it was wonderful! I am sorry to hear that your flight was cancelled, but happy that we were able to accommodate you again in the same room. Your comments are much appreciated and have been shared with Renee and the staff. Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you again.

washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was looking for a hotel that would be close to the Emerald Queen Casino for a concert. The hotel had to be nice and priced well. Man, this one fit the bill and exceeded my expectations. The rooms were very nicely appointed and the beds super comfy. The bathroom was super clean and modern, with nicely smelling toiletries should you need them.

There was a young ladies volleyball tournament in the area and of course they were very excited running up and down the hallway, but by the time we got back it was quiet and you couldn't hear them the next morning. All in all, a fabulous stay. The front desk manager even called us a cab and kept us up to date on his arrival time.

The only bad spot I saw, was with the free breakfast, it closes down at 10am, so if you plan on getting it, go early. We wound up just going across the parking lot and grabbing some McDonalds. This hotel is super easy to get to as well. I would highly reccommend it and will stay again if we do another concert at the EQC.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hello Dustined,
I hope that you enjoyed your concert! I am happy that you enjoyed the comfort of your bed and our nice smelling toiletries also. It was a pleasure to have you here and we would love to have you back. Thank you for staying with us and writing about your experience!

Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had a very pleasant two night stay at this Holiday Inn Express while visiting a nearby college. We arrived before three but Josh, the desk clerk on duty, quickly found us a room that was ready. He asked what brought us to Puyallup and wished us luck on our visit. The room was excellent, clean and modern. The breakfast was good, certainly better than most hotel free breakfasts. I especially enjoy the cinnamon rolls! When we got back the next day, Josh was on duty again, and asked us how our visit had gone. It's nice to have staff who care and remember details like that. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hi Springs TS,
We are so glad you were able to stay at our hotel while you came to visit Puyallup! I am also very happy that Josh took care of you so well. I will be sharing your review with the staff. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

We had to stay in this hotel for 6 weeks due to some delays in moving into our new home. We initially were impressed with the little extra amenities that made a difference. There was a DVD lending library that my kids loved, apples, cookies, coffee, and tea 24/7, and a great pool and hot tub. The business office did it's job, and free printing was a necessity for me. The rooms were clean and inviting. However, we came to realize that this place was AWESOME- the staff here are the most caring and considerate we have come across. They made every effort to make sure we felt like we were in a home and not a hotel. Housekeeping would tuck my kids' stuffed animals into bed. The front desk staff were always there to talk to us and help us with anything we needed. The breakfast staff made sure our favorite foods were stocked, and gave us baggies for later in case we got hungry at night. Maintenance staff were quick and efficient when we had small hiccups. We even got a Christmas card from the staff as we were staying over the holidays. In every way, this was one of the best experiences of being 'in-between' homes. The staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Puyallup made it as much like home for us as possible. We are truly grateful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Hello Michaeloro1!
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you so much for writing about your stay. We hope to have you back again VERY soon! I will share your lovely review with our staff. They will be happy to hear what you said. We enjoyed you and your family so much. Will will have some new breakfast choices very soon too!

Stacy Snyder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup
No photo provided
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner
Motel Puyallup
Motel Puyallup
#5 of 7 in Puyallup
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup

Been to Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area)? Share your experiences!