“Nice, clean hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area)
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Puyallup
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wasilla, Alaska
“Nice, clean hotel”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while traveling through the state. It was clean. Breakfast was good. Fresh cookies in the lobby. Clean pool. Close to shopping. There's a Subway and McDonalds practically sharing a parking lot with the hotel, so if you are without a car, you can still get some food. We got a good deal on Priceline surprise hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Hi BR,
It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the clean hotel, breakfast, pool and our Otis Spunkmeyer cookies! Thank you for writing about your stay and we hope to have you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I accidently left a jacket in the hotel room when we checked out, realizing it was missing once arriving home. I called, talked with Vera Harris, Housekeeping Manager. My jacket was found by Nayeli and I made arrangements for Vera to mail the jacket to me.
I appreciate this service and commend Nayeli for finding the jacket.
It is so nice to be served by honest, caring people.
Thank-you,
June Gardner

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us during your event! I am glad that you were able to recover your jacket. We appreciate your review. We hope to see you again in the future!

Merrillville, Indiana
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Was in Puyallup to check in on my uncle as he was transitioning to a nursing facility. Hotel was nice and clean. I enjoyed the cinnamon rolls at breakfast nice variety of options. Cleaning staff was good for me and my mom. There is a patio area off the pool I enjoyed the quiet time there. Mall and restaurants nearby so I had what I needed. Enjoyed my day trip into Seattle to take in some sights. If I have to go back I would check here probably first.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Good Day!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your room, breakfast, and the pool. We would love to have you back should you visit Puyallup again, thank you for writing about your stay!

Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The staff was very helpful and made accommodations for me when I needed to stay another night. Location is very nice with a lot of restaurants in the area. Great place to stay if you are needing a place between Tacoma and Seattle.

Room Tip: King suites are a little small but worth the room.
Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hi Dan,

I am very glad we were able to keep you with us for an extra night! Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. I am glad the location worked for you. We would love to see you in the future should your travels bring you back to Puyallup! Thank you again for staying with us.

Virginia
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We actually spent a week here during our recent move. Out initial impression was pretty good. It seemed clean and had an indoor pool and lots of parking. If we had only stayed one night this review might have gone better.

Housekeeping was interesting, some days ok some days less than okay. The one constant was that we never new what products we would get. Sometimes it was one of everything, sometimes it was nothing. Sometimes bath gel and shampoo other times 2 lotions and mouthwash.

The pool was also a wash though its location provided some interesting entertainment. There was never a time during our stay that it wasn't fill of kids, not even during the "adult swim " from 10-11 pm. The hot tub has been renamed diaper soup because after two attempts to use it we gave up. Both times it had adults with diaper clad infants or toddlers in it. Yuck. The placement of our room (directly over the pool) did create some excitement. At least until we figured out where the disembodied screams were coming from.

We had issues with people smoking pot and smelling up the entire floor , a drink guy spitting malt liqueur all over cars ( thanks for letting us know but he's a guest, it's ok) and finally the random jockey shorts that lay outside one of the entrances for four days and counting when we left. They may still be there. If I were in the area again I think I'd go for Hampton inn

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Kimberlykate N
Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Kimberly,

Please except my apologies as your stay did not meet your expectations. We do value your business and appreciate all feedback that we receive! Our staff will be addressing these issues so that we can prevent these things from happening in the future. If you would like to discuss the details with me further, please feel free to contact me at 253-848-4900. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

Marysville, Washington
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was a quick trip to attend a granddaughter's concert. We booked online after comparing other facilities in the area. Some would not accept a dog, others were pricier or less appealing. This one seemed just right and we were pleasantly surprised by the amenities, customer service, location, and value for the price. Friendly staff greeted us every time we saw personnel, the breakfast was hot with plenty to choose from, the eating area exceptionally clean, the room comfortable with plenty of supplies and very quiet despite being near the freeway and a McDonalds. Several restaurant choices are nearby.

Room Tip: We stayed on the side away from the freeway so can't speak to noise level on other side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello!
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Puyallup Washington! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed many things about your stay. That is what we strive to do for our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed the staff, the breakfast and your room. If you ever come back to town we would love to have you stay again. Thank you for being our guest!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The hotel was very nice & the staff very friendly. The room was clean and the area quiet enough to allow for a good night's sleep. I would stay again if in the area. I opted to skip the breakfast since I am usually not a fan of continental breakfast so I cannot comment on that. Overall I was very pleased however.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Stacy S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area), responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for writing about your stay. I am glad to hear you were pleased with the clean rooms and friendly staff! As for the breakfast, we offer a buffet breakfast that includes hot items! So hopefully next time you can enjoy it. We hope to see you again.

Stacy Snyder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Puyallup
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Puyallup
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Motel Puyallup
Motel Puyallup
#5 of 7 in Puyallup

Been to Holiday Inn Express Puyallup (Tacoma Area)? Share your experiences!