“Prim Rib special”

Fireside Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Thursday was the prime rib special. Good value for the meal. Rotating taps included seasonal ales. Service was OK.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had read the reviews before going here but we were with a pre-arranged group so tagged along. Three of us ordered a salad thinking that it was pretty safe. Who could mess up a salad? The Fireside Grille kitchen did. The Greek salad was mostly iceberg lettuce, with a few small chunks of cucumber, feta cheese and tomato, but instead of Kalamata olives just black olives. The worst part was that it was floating in what appeared to be bottled Italian dressing! I usually order dressing on the side, but didn't think about this when ordering. None of us finished the salad and I looked down the table and it appeared that other meals were being picked at. I don't understand how this restaurant continues to survive!
All this said, the server was very friendly and attentive. She served our table of 20 flawlessly and the meal was served in good time.
We definitely would not return. Sorry!

1  Thank lliivv
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The fish and chips were dry, overcooked around the edges. I thought I was getting fresh, hand dipped/battered fish but these tasted and looked like frozen pieces of cheap fish. Not impressed. The Margarita was good though.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Looks good from outside and inside. Unfortunately, the food is incredibly average... or worse. Whatever you do, don't order the oysters! There is some oyster buried in the "panko' batter. I think they may have sprinkled some panko. Basically, a grease bomb. All that said, the wait staff was very pleasant - a different experience than some of the other reviewers. Dinner for four was about $100 with tip and only two had a drink. For that amount, you expect reasonably high quality meals. It was little more than going to a Denny's.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The owner used to run Pete's Bar & Grill (now the Birch & Barley). He would have done better to stick with that. Somehow the decor isn't my style nor is the cuisine (which was not true of the late lamented Pete's). Clearly some care for the place.

1  Thank DBB317