“Dinner July 1 2013”
Review of Fireside Grill - CLOSED

Fireside Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Dinner July 1 2013”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The fish and chips were dry, overcooked around the edges. I thought I was getting fresh, hand dipped/battered fish but these tasted and looked like frozen pieces of cheap fish. Not impressed. The Margarita was good though.

Visited July 2013

Olympia, Washington
“Ditto the Yawn review”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Looks good from outside and inside. Unfortunately, the food is incredibly average... or worse. Whatever you do, don't order the oysters! There is some oyster buried in the "panko' batter. I think they may have sprinkled some panko. Basically, a grease bomb. All that said, the wait staff was very pleasant - a different experience than some of the other reviewers. Dinner for four was about $100 with tip and only two had a drink. For that amount, you expect reasonably high quality meals. It was little more than going to a Denny's.

Visited July 2013
Pullman, Washington
“Yawn”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The owner used to run Pete's Bar & Grill (now the Birch & Barley). He would have done better to stick with that. Somehow the decor isn't my style nor is the cuisine (which was not true of the late lamented Pete's). Clearly some care for the place.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank DBB317
Pullman, WA
“1 out of 4 ate their meal”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I had the miso salmon which was fine — no complaints. My wife had a grilled chicken sandwich that she barely touched due to it being too blackened for her. My two young daughters got chicken strips from the kids menu which we told them were like chicken nuggets. But when their bullet-proof encrusted strips arrived they looked nothing like chicken nuggets and they could hardly get past the fortress of breading, so they didn't eat them—even I thought they were rather tasteless. Replace the strips with plain nuggets and add mac and cheese to the kids menu! Their fries were good, though. As was the fried cheese sticks we had for an appetizer and the lava cake for dessert.

• Visited June 2013
PULLMAN
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My previous experiences here were not good but a two for one coupon got me back. Wife and I tried the Pesto Veggie pizza and it was good. It used to be thin crust but this version was still very tasty. However, the Orzo pasta was pretty much flavorless. This reminded me of the previous visits. Was a bit concerned when I got the bill. Even though I gave the server the coupon when I ordered, they did not deduct the lower priced item when the bill arrived. Sorry but cannot recommend.

• Visited May 2013