“Where else?”

Ranked #8 of 83 Restaurants in Pullman
Pullman, WA
“Where else?”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Where else are you going to go to get a calzone on the Palouse? IMO, nothing beats Pete's in Spokane but that's a long drive just to eat...
Sella's is good but over the years there have been repeated issues with unmelted cheese and with what happened today.
Hubby and I each got a calzone call in order to go. After reaching our destination and sitting down and starting to eat, we realized that our orders had been placed in the wrong boxes. I only noticed because after a few bites, I started to look for the elusive meat and found sausage which I didn't order.
Our biggest complaint is that there's no "artistry" to putting them together. For example, olives are usually an accent food but in these there's a LOT and they're usually in one big mound. I like 'em but this time ended up scraping out about 1/3c and still had PLENTY for the meal. Likewise with the meats. They're generous but seem to be all dumped in one pile. Pepperoni slices unseparated. I wouldn't want a pizza with all of the individual toppings piled in different sections of the pizza! It's good but I personally have to deconstruct and rearrange to get a variety of flavors in each bite.
We keep going back ald we'll be back again. Why? Because..."Where else?" just know what to expect!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank CritterMom1

Pullman, Washington
“Great calzone, horrible service.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Everytime I order a calzone I am literally amazed. It is the best. The problem is I like to eat late (past 9) and recently Sellas has been closing at 8:30 instead of 10. So I figured by calling and asking when they close I could make it in there to get something togo. The last 2 times i was told "we will be closing from 9-10", and both times i went in at 8:45 and they were closed. Today I even called in after I saw the closed sign and the guy working basically booted me off the phone because he was closing. I love Stella's, but I probably will not eat there anymore. Why would I support a company the lies about their hours and treats their customer poorly. Maybe if their calzones weren't so good I wouldn't be so mad...

• Visited November 2013
“The best pizza in Pullman”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

That being said, Pizza, Beer, Salads and Calzones. Even the adults like to color on the placemats while waiting for their dish!

Visited August 2013
Indiana
“A different kind of calzone but very good!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Three of us dined at Sella's for dinner. The calzone was different from any other calzone that I've ever had, but it was very good. Sella's version is a big pocket of dough with lots of great filling. The portion is very large and the dough is somewhat over baked, so I found myself eating the insides out of it, sort of like a pot pie.

It's a fun little place where you can drink a beer and color on your place mat.

The cost for a filling tasty calzone is about $10.

• Visited July 2013
“Nothing to write home about food and nonexistent customer service.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Hoping to experience these great calazones we'd read reviews about, we headed to Stella's while in town. Disappointed would cover it in a nutshell. I ended up with the most bland, blah, unexcitimng calazone I've ever had. Half of the fillings were barely like warm and I kept flipping each bite over before I put it in my ,youth because something g definitely tasted burnt---and some of the bottom was indeed burned. My companions had better luck with their calazone, but there weren't that impressed either.

Customer service is nonexistent. We weren't even spoken to when served our food. It was just plopped down on the table and they walked off. After our cheseygarlic bread was served, we got up and asked for plates as it clearly had not occurred to the staff to bring us any.

Thanks, but no thanks. We'll be skipping Sella's the next time we are in town.

• Visited June 2013