“An old favorite”

Basilio's Italian Cafe
Ranked #39 of 83 Restaurants in Pullman
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We have been dining at Basilio's for years every time we come to Pullman for football or basketball. It has rarely disappointed us and we've run the gambit on the menu. I prefer the pasta dishes of pomodora or just recently I had a rich velvety baked pasta with an alfredo style sauce and chicken that was delicious.

You order at the counter and they bring the food to your table. You would think that would speed up the process but we seem to have to wait an inordinate amount of time for our food even when the restaurant is half full. This being my only frustration, we just make sure to allow a little extra time.

To be honest, I believe some of the sauces they use are pre-prepared and not fresh but at least they have chosen to use quality canned/frozen products. It just pays to remember you are also not at a fine dining establishment or being charged $20 a plate for your pasta.

There are newer reviews for Basilio's Italian Cafe

Reviewed February 13, 2012

deliver what to be expected by a place like this. you dont get surprised.

Review collected in partnership with Apollo
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We went ot Basilio's after WSU commencement and had about 14 people to feed. Not having doen our research we made reservations, which were accepte, so we were surprised to find that the restaurant was "order and find a table style" We had expected a sit down restaurant.

However, they were very accomodating and it all worked out fine, in fact it really was a lot of fun after we got ordering all figured out. The staff was amazingly accomodating to our needs even if it was outside of their box.

The menu was a really great variety of classic Italian favorites with some specials up on the board to liven up the norm a bit. The sauces were really wonderful although most in our group found that they required extra salt to bring them to full flavor. Service for our large group was alittle broken, some were finishing as others were being served but they really are not set up for this style of service and I felt they did a good job.

Basilio's gets their desserts from Cheesecake Factory. We found that to be great fun because we ordered one of everything and just passed it around our table. We had a greast time with our rambunctious family eating good Italian food in the manner Italians would eat. Enjoying family, food and fun!

Reviewed September 7, 2011

I actually watched them microwave the lasagna and it tasted old, cold in the middle soggy and an all around bad meal...my stomach was angry for a week...highly do NOT recommend.

1  Thank traveldoggg
Reviewed March 23, 2010

I took my daughter here at 430 on a Sunday, so it was almost empty. However I like the way the space is set up and decorated. The house wine was cold and good. The calamari appetizer was outstanding. I had the smoked salmon Caesar. The fish was outstanding, however the greens were past their prime and should not have been used. It needed more dressing as well. My daughter had a ravioli plate, which I tried and found to be very good.

1  Thank SeattleHawkeye