“Abelskivvers!”

Cuisines: European, German, Hungarian, Danish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Or however you spell it! The donut things everyone but me seems to enjoy! While not a breakfast fan, the Peri Peri sauce is great on everything!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Ate breakfast here while accompanying my daughter to a vet school interview at Washington State. Everything was very good: obviously home-made from scratch. My breakfast potatoes were very good, likewise the homemade wheat bread. And my daughter's hotcakes got a rave review. Portions were very generous, and service was fast and friendly.... they gave my daughter a small gift card in case she gets into the vet program.

They have an interesting menu for lunch etc too, but I can't report about meals other than breakfast on this trip.

We'd definitely return here.

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Since graduating college in 2011, I dearly miss this place. It was a fantastic breakfast spot that has the BEST orange juice.

I love love LOVE the potato pancakes. They are fantastic. Everything here is extremely tasty and always hot when serves. The staff is super friendly and helpful.

One of my favorite things about Pullman!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We ate here during Dad's weekend and really enjoyed the food and wait staff. Very efficient restaurant with an unusual and fun menu that has a decidedly European influence. Cool! We did have to wait 45 minutes for our group of six to be seated which was understanding considering how busy the restaurant was. The upside is that it gave our party a chance to visit on a beautiful autumn morning. The experience would have been much different if the weather had been inclement. I think this review would be different if it raining or snowing. A fun place for a lazy weekend morning. But if you have a schedule to meet another location would be better.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I wandered into the Old European Restaurant in my little college town of Pullman, WA after hearing many of my friends rave about their breakfast menu. The place fills up often, so we arrived bright and early at 7:45 a.m. on a Saturday. There was plenty of tables, but by 9 a.m. the place was packed!

We started off our breakfast with their Austrian coffee. A coffee drink with cream, a cinnamon-sugar syrup, and topped off with whipped cream. It was delicious! A must for any coffee lover. For breakfast I ordered the European Breakfast special-your typical eggs, german sausage, and danish abelskeivers-it was a huge amount of food for about $10. My friend ordered the Swedish crepes with lignonberries and cream filling. We were both tremendously impressed with the quality of the food. It was authentic european faire for a decent price.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone coming to Pullman. There is also a branch in Spokane, WA, but I am told that the Pullman branch is the better of the two. My only side-note is to plan on a long wait if you arrive mid-morning or on a university event weekend.