“Pleasant spot, very good food”
Review of Swilly's Pony Bar & Bistro - CLOSED

Swilly's Pony Bar & Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had a very pleasant lunch here in Pullman, a town that seemthai be a bit short of real restaurants.

I had the chicken tacos, which were just spicy enough and quite satisfying. My table mate had a Caesar with salmon that he pronounced fine. The selection of wines by the glass is strong and varied. I thought the Boom Boom syrah went very well with the chicken.

Service was friendly and expert. The ambience is relaxing with a nice setting by a stream downtown. Some outdoor seating is available. Prices are quite reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Swilly's Pony Bar & Bistro

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Swilly's was simply the best place in Pullman for a long time. I remember going there for at least 8 years. For a long time there was no competition for Swilly's. In the last year or so that has changed but I would still give Swilly's the edge. The Pullman restaurant scene has dramatically changed in the last couple of years. In all of those year I have never been served anything that was not really very good. They will recommend a good wine for what you order and that has always been to my liking as well. The house salad is always good and is unlike any I have had before. My only complaint is that the restaurant can sometimes be a bit noisy when it is full as it often is. I believe that Swilly's could make it in any city. It is that good.

1  Thank james K
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Swilly's is the best and most consistent restaurant in Pullman. The food is always good, service is excellent. It's really the only place in town to take someone who is interviewing for a job (sigh).

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This little gem is just as I remembered it when I attended WSU. Returned with our daughter to check her in to school and checked it out. We loved our meal. Generous portions and great service. Thanks for remaining constant!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This place is my all time favorite restaurant. I've lived in Pullman for 22 years and this is my 'go to' restaurant for both lunch and dinner. They take great care in making delicious food. The atmosphere is open and inviting. Desserts are divine. And their house salad is YUMMY. They have a house dressing that is a balsamic type and nothing like I've ever had before or could make. They should bottle it and sell it. All the servers are attentive and aim to please.

1  Thank Squirble